Turn on thread page Beta

Supernatural beliefs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    He guys im doing a talk on supernatural beliefs next week - any ideas or examples of supernatural beliefs would be cool - even better if you have written a similar essay, or know a good one from somewhere

thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    He guys im doing a talk on supernatural beliefs next week - any ideas or examples of supernatural beliefs would be cool - even better if you have written a similar essay, or know a good one from somewhere

thanks!!
    do u mean stuff like witches and that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    yea i guess, but superatural in the sense -things that exist outside the natural world, things that us humans do not understand

yes aliens etc...but also things such as dreams, if youve watched x-files you know what supernaturalism is

ReputationRep:
    yea i guess, but superatural in the sense -things that exist outside the natural world, things that us humans do not understand

yes aliens etc...but also things such as dreams, if youve watched x-files you know what supernaturalism is
    Oh that. I do believe that there is a higher power that exists in the 4th Diemention and controls our fate and Destiny

(and i don't mean Tony Blair).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Oh that. I do believe that there is a higher power that exists in the 4th Diemention and controls our fate and Destiny

(and i don't mean Tony Blair).
    thats interesting, i believe that the 4th dimension that we are controlled by future people. Anyways, anyone got any ideas why 'time flys by' when you are having fun?

ReputationRep:
    thats interesting, i believe that the 4th dimension that we are controlled by future people. Anyways, anyone got any ideas why 'time flys by' when you are having fun?
    Time is relative to perception, and not an absolute.

ReputationRep:

thanks!!
    I've done a psychology project into ESP...

ReputationRep:

Well dreams, i know can be significant, and very powerful if you are that sort of person.
    And i know alot about ghosts (although i hate the term), but that i cannot discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Simply because when you are enjoying urself, you don't notice the time. When you are waiting for something, you keep looking at the clock, ergo time seems to slow to a crawl and take forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    hi there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    well a lot of people believe in silly superstitions.. which i guess ultimately means they believe that someone will come and get them if they break the superstition or whatever..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    well a lot of people believe in silly superstitions.. which i guess ultimately means they believe that someone will come and get them if they break the superstition or whatever..
    Silly? Well yes, some of them are, i agree. But some of them have a basis in fact, and are more than just superstitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Don't even get me started on that one! Witches are not supernatural, just religious practitioners.

Anyway, supernatural things:
    ESP
    Psychic gifts (clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, pyrokinesis - my favourite! etc.)
    Astral travel
    Spirit communication (ouija boards, etc)

go to www.avatarsearch.com
    It's an occult search engine and very useful too!

ReputationRep:
    Or if that link doesn't work, go to a search engine and type in 'avatarsearch'

ReputationRep:
    what does everyone think about cropcircles? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have had Out of Body Experiences...

It happens when I'm really tired and my body kind of shuts down before my brain does. I have never got past the 'Where the hell am I! Get me out of here!' stage before though.

I'll describe the feeling for your essay:

I go to sleep, or at least I think that I've gone to sleep. Suddenly, I open my eyes and I can see everything around me in my room. Then there's this terrible feeling of panic, because I realise that as I'm asleep, my body is paralysed and I can't get it to move voluntarily.
    My breathing becomes faster as I desperately try to wrestle my body from within and force it to move. I don't know what would happen if I fought the panic. (Maybe I would be able to project myself mentally...who knows?)
    After a sudden exhalation that I always hear very clearly, I can move my limbs again and it's like I open a second set of eyes as I come back to being fully conscious.

Well, I hope that descriptive piece helps...

Maybe it's actually a recurring dream.

ReputationRep:
    what does everyone think about cropcircles? :cool:
    they are fake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    they are fake.
    yeah i agree, just a guy with a clever tractor! lol

ReputationRep:
    Yep crop circles are fake and superstition is used by your mum ond dad to keep u safe n clean then someone went a bit mad and added aload of other crap, i understand the ....dont walk under ladders and dont open umbrellas in house it aint bad luck its just common sence then theres dont put your shoes on the table so on..... but somewhere along the way people started saying some crazy stuff like if u see a magpie u gotta spit or salute, its different everywhere u go and i know there are many other silly superstitions going around some are quite new.

When it comes to writing about supernatural stuff there is quite a range of subjects u can write about and it might be a good idea to go to your local library and look them up or serch the net because i have seen many supernatural sites out there, i belong to one of them its called the supernatural world forum, why not join and chat with everyone on there,they range from ghost hunters right through to mediums and that lot, it can be quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I do believe that Alliens exist, but i don't believe that they come down in the middle of the night anbd kidnap people.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.