Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received there's yet....?

I collected my European question this morning.....the British course essay we will be doing after Easter as we don not have enough time before....

If you have done one of these before, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)

I collected my European question this morning.....the British course essay we will be doing after Easter as we don not have enough time before....

Which board? I did mine almost two years ago with AQA. I spent the whole of the Easter holidays worrying myself sick, but ended up perfectly ok: I got A's for both I believe the key to these is making notes (we were allowed two sides of A4 bullet-point notes to take into the exam). The rest is just writing up

Is there anything in particular you need help with?

ReputationRep:

Its not too bad, i gather your teachers have done the prep work with you up until now?I think you still get to take in two sides of A4 worth of brief notes which helps a lot, but the important thing is writing mock answers between now and easter and getting help from classmates (if your teachers wont help that is) who are also doing it.i got 79/90 UMS,i think its very easy for students score highly on this as the concept of already knowing the question is brilliant!!!

Bookworm, Im doing my A2 History coursework at the mo.The one where you set your own title on anything you want.Im doing mine on the Watergate Scandal.Did you do this coursework?How did you find it?Do you have any tips?

Sukh.

ReputationRep:
    Bookworm, Im doing my A2 History coursework at the mo.The one where you set your own title on anything you want.Im doing mine on the Watergate Scandal.Did you do this coursework?How did you find it?Do you have any tips?

Sukh.[/QUOTE]

The Personal Study, yes, I've done it. Great topic you've chosen there, well done! I found the Personal Study a bit stressful at times, but everything worked out ok in the end. I think it's important to be careful about the formal things, e.g. footnotes, bibliography, appendix etc. I think the examiners like that a lot! Try to avoid narrative, but also make sure your text reads well! I know this sounds obvious, but it's important to remember that! I don't really know what else to say to be honest, but feel free to pm me if you want some more help or if you're stuck.

I don't know much about Watergate, but I remember reading an article about Stephen E. Ambrose, he died last year and wrote a biography of Nixon which was famous because he puts Nixon in a very positive light. I hope that's helpful.

ReputationRep:
    QUOTE]

The Personal Study, yes, I've done it. Great topic you've chosen there, well done! I found the Personal Study a bit stressful at times, but everything worked out ok in the end. I think it's important to be careful about the formal things, e.g. footnotes, bibliography, appendix etc. I think the examiners like that a lot! Try to avoid narrative, but also make sure your text reads well! I know this sounds obvious, but it's important to remember that! I don't really know what else to say to be honest, but feel free to pm me if you want some more help or if you're stuck.

I don't know much about Watergate, but I remember reading an article about Stephen E. Ambrose, he died last year and wrote a biography of Nixon which was famous because he puts Nixon in a very positive light. I hope that's helpful.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, advice is very much appreciated.
    Btw, Ive been using the Stephen E. Ambrose book, its very good at portraying Nixon as an innocent member of the scandal.

Sukh.

ReputationRep:
    The board is AQA, My essay is about 'Opposition to Treaty of Versailles' & 'Political Extemism', in 1919-1923.....

Yes, you can still take in the 2 pages of notes....can you write down the biblography on a seporate piece of paper and take it in to the exam...? And I have had the prep work from the teachers....

ReputationRep:
    The board is AQA, My essay is about 'Opposition to Treaty of Versailles' & 'Political Extemism', in 1919-1923.....

Yes, you can still take in the 2 pages of notes....can you write down the biblography on a seporate piece of paper and take it in to the exam...? And I have had the prep work from the teachers....
    Err, do you need a bibiography for the Course Essays? :confused: We didn't ... only for courseworks. But when you're talking about certain Historians, you can quote the titles of their relevant works.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we need a biblography...I think we write it on own notes...as any pices of paper we take into the exam, they get sent off...

Can anyone help me....? Do they know any info or done a simular question like this before.....?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we need a biblography...I think we write it on own notes...as any pices of paper we take into the exam, they get sent off...

Can anyone help me....? Do they know any info or done a simular question like this before.....?
    Well, what exactly is the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Well, what exactly is the question?
    "Examine the extent of the opposition of the Treaty of Versailles explains political extremism in the Weimar Republic, 1919-1923"

ReputationRep:
    "Examine the extent of the opposition of the Treaty of Versailles explains political extremism in the Weimar Republic, 1919-1923"
    I haven't studied that particular question, but it sounds fairly straightforward to me. Once you have given your views on that, backed up with facts and historians opinions, also mention other causes for political extremism (e.g. unemployment, inflation etc). I was told for my course essays to start with the initial question and then deal with the wider topic (in this case political extremism), which shows the examiner that you can put the question into a wider context. Ask your teacher about this, my question was a bit strange and very narrow, so my only option was to deal with it that way! But I think it would be a good way of dealing with it.

Hope this helps. I'll be happy to give you more advice if you want!

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote it earlier.....But I feel I didn't answer the actual question. I tried and If I failed, Just have to retake it....I'm glad it's over....

I just have the British Essay to go, in the first two weeks of May, as there is no other time to do it....

ReputationRep:
    hey there,

i did the British and Russian one last june, and redid them in Jan. and subsequently got an A, if you need help with the British qt'n feel free to PM me or something

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.