Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats every1s first thought on newbies???? i know they arnt always liked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)
    i got bad rep after 1 post for saying "hi this is my first post". well i didnt know what to write!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiftySte)
    i got bad rep after 1 post for saying "hi this is my first post". well i didnt know what to write!
    oh dear, i dont think i have... hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Newbies must be inconspicuas, and must lay low until they have enough posts to be accepted, drawing attention to yourself will only lead to newbie bashing, which although not illegal is immoral.

ReputationRep:
    I've got no problem with newbies in general. But of course, newbie's who just spam and stuff are annoying.
    But, we were all newbies once (even me!).

ReputationRep:
    Am I still a newbie? I've got Full member status but haven't been here that long. (the fact that I'm asking this probably means that I am still a bit newbie!) I just don't know!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I've got no problem with newbies in general. But of course, newbie's who just spam and stuff are annoying.
    But, we were all newbies once (even me!).
    so am i in the wrong for this thread??

ReputationRep:
    Hint for future message board use: Don't ever, ever say that as a first post.

Amb1, you stop being a newbie when you no longer think you are one. Some people can fit in after 50 posts (I'm not necessarily saying this is here, as I haven't been here all that long myself); others can have 1000 and still be newbies. It's all in the way you do it.

ReputationRep:
    how did u no they r newbies if ur new and that they arnt liked?

ReputationRep:
    so am i in the wrong for this thread??
    No. I wouldn't call it spamming, although some people would disagree.
    You haven't posted multiple threads of the same title, or posted threads to be annoying or offensive.
    It may not be the most informative thread, but i don't have any problem with it myself (and i've certainly posted alot more pointless stuff in my time!).

ReputationRep:
    One piece of advice though. Don't be intimidated by people on the forum, and the amount of time they've been members, or their rep or post count.
    We are all pretty much the same when it comes down to it.

ReputationRep:

if you dont have anythingt to write...dont write anything at all.

its so annoying when newbies write "hi im new" as thou we cant tell because your post count is 0-10 and you've joined this month....

if you just contribute like everyone else you'll get respected like everyone else....act like a spammer and you get treated like a spammer,

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmal)
    because i have friends that come on here i.e glitter

ReputationRep:
    because i have friends that come on here i.e glitter
    is that lumpys mate from school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmal)
    I have been on several different sets of messageboards. So has my sister. Nobody, anywhere, likes newbies who post "Hi, I'm new, who wants to talk to me?" or even better "r der ne fit ladz in ere"

ReputationRep:
    is that lumpys mate from school?
    i dunno, whos lumpy??

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, whos lumpy??
    everybody knows lumpy right?

you soon will

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, whos lumpy??
    Glitter and Lumpy are at the same school so if you know glitter you probably know lumpy. If you find one of her (lumpy's) posts her avatar is a pic of her.

ReputationRep:
    everybody knows lumpy right?

you soon will
    ok :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Glitter and Lumpy are at the same school so if you know glitter you probably know lumpy. If you find one of her (lumpy's) posts her avatar is a pic of her.
    i only know glitter cus my mum is her aunties best friend, its sort of confusing how we know each other, i was hopin she would be on so she could help me, shes the one who told me about it u see!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.