The Student Room Group

How many people pass the partner interview? (KPMG)

Had my assessment centre for KPMG Audit in London today. I passed the AC and did the partner interview in the evening, which I thought went OK (neither great nor terrible).

He gave me his name card at the start, and frankly he probably did most of the talking. I only had to answer a motivational question and a business awareness question, followed by 2 scenario questions. I felt I did quite well in business awareness, but for the others perhaps average at best.

What surprised me though was that right at the start, he told me to not feel nervous because the interview wasn't about me proving myself, as I had done that throughout the entire application process. He said it was about him pitching KPMG to me.

Anyway, how many candidates pass the partner interviews normally?
Original post by Summa Laude
Had my assessment centre for KPMG Audit in London today. I passed the AC and did the partner interview in the evening, which I thought went OK (neither great nor terrible).

He gave me his name card at the start, and frankly he probably did most of the talking. I only had to answer a motivational question and a business awareness question, followed by 2 scenario questions. I felt I did quite well in business awareness, but for the others perhaps average at best.

What surprised me though was that right at the start, he told me to not feel nervous because the interview wasn't about me proving myself, as I had done that throughout the entire application process. He said it was about him pitching KPMG to me.

Sounds like it went well :smile:

There's no real statistics for something like how many people fail at each stage. You've just got to concentrate on yourself and do the best you can!

Good luck with the position!
Yeah it really does depend on what sort of partner you get. Some will stick to the format and grill you while others will just have a chat and want to get to know you. In general, partners do like talking about themselves though. What were his closing comments?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

Here are some old statistics from PwC: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/cc/w/images/PWC.pdf

Basically in 2010 for start date in 2011:

Stage Success rate at each stage
Online testing 39%
Application form 78% (most fail on academic requirements)
1st interview 54%
Assessment day 59%
Final interview 75%
Hiring 7.3% of total applicants

I've just had two successful partner interviews (PwC and Deloitte) and for both firms I found them by far the easiest part of the selection process. If you get that far you're doing well and have the required skills. In both cases I found that it was them trying to recruit me to join their firm.
Original post by Summa Laude

When I went through the KPMG process in late August - early September, partner interview success rate was 88%. This could well have changed a bit now, but still, it will be quite high.

The big cuts occur in the earlier rounds of the process.
Reply 5
His name card? :K:

I hope you didn't thank him for his name card or you might have lost commercial awareness points.
Reply 6
Hi,

I had my assessment day for management consulting in Leeds recently and was told i'd passed. I have my partner interview at the beginning of january, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips or help for me about the presentation or anything?
I have no business background or experience so i'm a little confused as to how i've got this far, but hoping for the best!

thanks
Reply 7
Hi,

is there any tips you could give me about the partner interview? (as i'm assuming you've had it by now). Any help you can provide would be great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending