The Student Room Group

If you have to wear a school tie, what type of knot do you tie?

Do you have a particular fashion at your school or do you just tie it the same way regardless? My friend thinks that the way I tie mine with what I'd call a sensible smallish knot looks geeky, she ties hers with a fat knot which she says is better because she can push it up a bit and hide the fact that she has the top button undone. I think that fat tie knots look chavvy.
I only left high school last year and i would highly suggest you to wear your tie normally, regarding kids who wear big knot ties, often other pupils think of them as people who think they're 'hard.' I'm not going to lie, i wore a big tie during year 7 and 8, most people and i personally think that you look more mature if you wear your tie normally, and what does it matter if you have your top button done or undone, wear how you want it, i personally had it undone but it wasn't to act cool or "break the rules," it was because i found it more comfortable, and yeh, a few teachers may have told me do up your top button, but i just removed it when they left. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest