The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well I really doubt you'll get parents and peer relationships in the development part as that was on in January; maybe something on gender development might come up?
Reply 2
I hope we dont get parent and peer relationships because i hate it! But yeah... dont try and predict whats going to come up because the chief examiner might be reading this and may want to trick you :p: xx
Reply 3
One of my topics is quite good I think in attribution because they've asked a question on every single part of the syllabus, and then from 2004 when that had been done, started again in what looks like the same order. So, if this is the case then my June exam will be on attribution bias.....

I might swot up on that a tiny bit extra :smile:
Reply 4
Im studying:

- Social cognition
Attribution
Social Perception
Prejudice and Discrimination
- Cognitive Development
Dev. of thinking
Dev. of measure intelligence
Dev. of moral understanding
- Physiological Psychology
Biological rythms
Sleeping
Dreaming

and... a resit in PYA1 - memory and attatchments.

Lets chat!
Reply 5
I think I'm going to go through past papers and star bits that seem likely to come up cause, for PYA4 especially, theres just so much to learn I think it would be wise to revise some likely bits in a little extra depth.
Reply 6
nickb123
I think I'm going to go through past papers and star bits that seem likely to come up cause, for PYA4 especially, theres just so much to learn I think it would be wise to revise some likely bits in a little extra depth.

I'm gonna do the same and then we can compare our ideas!
For PYA 4 I'm doing:

Cognitive development
dev. of thinking
dev. of intelligence
dev of moral understanding

Pro & Anti social behaviour
Explanations of Agression
Altruism
Media influences on pro & anti social behaviour

Physiological Psychology
Biological rhythms
Sleep
Dreams
Reply 7
zoea85
I'm gonna do the same and then we can compare our ideas!

We're both doing cognitive development and I'm going through the past papers this evening. PM me whenever you've done it too and we'll figure out which bits would be best knowing :smile:
Reply 8
nickb123
We're both doing cognitive development and I'm going through the past papers this evening. PM me whenever you've done it too and we'll figure out which bits would be best knowing :smile:

...feel free to stick em on here as well if u want :redface:
I'm doing cognitive development, relationships, sleep and dreaming, and pro and anti, so any tips on what might come up would be appreciated as there is soooo much to learn.
Reply 10
Mrs Rickman
I'm doing cognitive development, relationships, sleep and dreaming, and pro and anti, so any tips on what might come up would be appreciated as there is soooo much to learn.

I'm doing the same topics as you, apart from relationships, which I'm not doing. You're doing 4, you only have to answer 3 though right? I'm only doing cognitive development, sleep & dreams and pro and anti. Ohh, I guess your teacher is doing that so you get a choice, cos I'm only doing those 3 and that way I get no choice, I have to answer whatever comes up on each topic!
Reply 11
zoea85
I'm doing the same topics as you, apart from relationships, which I'm not doing. You're doing 4, you only have to answer 3 though right? I'm only doing cognitive development, sleep & dreams and pro and anti. Ohh, I guess your teacher is doing that so you get a choice, cos I'm only doing those 3 and that way I get no choice, I have to answer whatever comes up on each topic!

Yeah but I think 3 is the far better option as you know just as much as I the epic amount of information you have to process in each one. AQA have even admitted on their website that candidates learning more than the minimum number likely do worse than those who focus on particular topics and try to revise them in more detail. I think if I was trying to do 4 I'd end up wallowing in depression and sitting in a dark room rocking in a catatonic stupor, in denial about the amount of work my brain is gonna have to deal with!

Trying to learn a breadth consequently hinders your depth, and for people aiming at that A grade I think its a mistake as you need that stand-out advanced knowledge to get into high level 4 or 5. If you are a weaker candidate then fair enough but, on balance, I think 4 is a bigger risk than a rigid 3.
Reply 12
nickb123
I think if I was trying to do 4 I'd end up wallowing in depression and sitting in a dark room rocking in a catatonic stupor, in denial about the amount of work my brain is gonna have to deal with!.

lol nice imagery there nick! I think I'm close to that with 3 on PYA4 plus PYA5 to think about not to mention my other subjects or the stupid AEA which I'm not even gonna think about until my proper exams finish. Psychology is enough on its own for me! I do agree that learning 3 for pYA4 is better than learning 4 and having a choice. Not being able to hvae a choice does worry me though because I never manage to revise 'everything' and if I do that in PYA4 I'm gonna be buggered!
Reply 13
minniehahahaya
So, has anyone thought of what might came up this June for PYA4?
I am doing Pro- and anti- social behaviour, Social and personality development, evalutionary explanations of human behaviour.lol
:rolleyes:

Well, when we studied social and personality development, we kind of got an inkling that Social learning theory and personality development could come up. It's been on there once, ever. :rolleyes:
Reply 14
zoea85
Not being able to hvae a choice does worry me though because I never manage to revise 'everything' and if I do that in PYA4 I'm gonna be buggered!

:ditto: I think so far, I've been lucky with the exam questions that come up.

Latest

Trending

Trending