Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just wanna see everyone's opinion on this but have you noticed all the rude, impolite, racist etc..... threads are always people with like 4 posts.....i think that users on UKL are signing in on different names to slur and then going to there actual name because not long after the thread is started the user is offline....am i the only one that thinks this or is it just speculation??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    I just wanna see everyone's opinion on this but have you noticed all the rude, impolite, racist etc..... threads are always people with like 4 posts.....i think that users on UKL are signing in on different names to slur and then going to there actual name because not long after the thread is started the user is offline....am i the only one that thinks this or is it just speculation??????
    Yeah thats what I was thinking too.

ReputationRep:
    it would be wrong to speculate. the mods could maybe find out by checking the ip's that are recorded. unless the people are changing their ip's first.

more likely it's just people who come across the forum in google and have nothing better to do than tease people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Yeah thats what I was thinking too.
    obviously we cant point fingers but those who are doing it should be ashamed.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    it would be wrong to speculate. the mods could maybe find out by checking the ip's that are recorded. unless the people are changing their ip's first.

more likely it's just people who come across the forum in google and have nothing better to do than tease people.
    I guess ur right but am sure there are users on UKL who do it to spice up things a little when there bored!! Hey what was that guy rule?? am curious!

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, there aren't many other ways that it could be hapenning.
    Its just an attempt to ruin this forum for those who want to use it properly.

ReputationRep:
    thats a really good point! cant they b banned or somethin?

ReputationRep:
    I was actually beginning to think that but didnt wanna say anything...there are ALOT of racist threads and really rude posts tho with people with 1 or 2 posts and then never hear from them again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    I was actually beginning to think that but didnt wanna say anything...there are ALOT of racist threads and really rude posts tho with people with 1 or 2 posts and then never hear from them again...
    but y wud people make a fake account?!?!?! cant they jus say their views anyway?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)

this wouldn't work as you can get programs that show a new ip each time you connect to the internet.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    this wouldn't work as you can get programs that show a new ip each time you connect to the internet.

MB
    so what is it then, just random new people posting rubbish and offensive stuff?

ReputationRep:

You mean multiple accounts.....? I really do not understand the people who have more than one account. What is the point...? I only have one account, this one....

ReputationRep:
    totally agree, why what av i missed??

ReputationRep:
    i was listening to a thread not long ago and it turns out poeple open multiple user accounts to give themselves REP.....people actually admitted to doing it!! I cant point fingers but kinda obvious who does things like this!

ReputationRep:
    i was listening to a thread not long ago and it turns out poeple open multiple user accounts to give themselves REP.....people actually admitted to doing it!! I cant point fingers but kinda obvious who does things like this!
    Is it possible to do that?? :confused: I'd have thought that the system would recognise that the users were from the same machine/ip address or something???

EDIT: Oh no! What a horrible post count!!

ReputationRep:
    [SIZE=2]I guess ur right but am sure there are users on UKL who do it to spice up things a little when there bored!! SIZE]
    my boyf signed up for an account here the other day when he was bored and sent me a pm... he also said he went out of his way to try and wind people up as well. So yes it is just silly people trying to have fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Is it possible to do that?? :confused: I'd have thought that the system would recognise that the users were from the same machine/ip address or something???

EDIT: Oh no! What a horrible post count!!
    not that i know of! But i would think that alot of our UKL users are in college or uni and can use many machines so it wouldn't make a differance. It sucks coz were all trying to get gems the proper way...so much hard work!!!

ReputationRep:
    haha! screwed!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but its hardly worth it with the amount of rep a newbie's worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeah, but its hardly worth it with the amount of rep a newbie's worth.
    about 1 point innit? i can think of a few too...

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.