Turn on thread page Beta

Who is it????? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeah, but its hardly worth it with the amount of rep a newbie's worth.
    That's what I was thinking- I thought anyone with less than 100 posts couldn't give rep anyway. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeah, but its hardly worth it with the amount of rep a newbie's worth.
    why would people care so much about the stupid rep system?!?!?!?!?!? Its so pointless... i have 17 points and only care about them because people were nice enough to given em because I was being nice to peeps... i'v had a fair few from newbies and its sweet but doesn't give me anything apart from a warm fuzzy glow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    why would people care so much about the stupid rep system?!?!?!?!?!? Its so pointless... i have 17 points and only care about them because people were nice enough to given em because I was being nice to peeps... i'v had a fair few from newbies and its sweet but doesn't give me anything apart from a warm fuzzy glow
    You've answered your own question- it's quite nice that people think to give you it so that's the point of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    That's what I was thinking- I thought anyone with less than 100 posts couldn't give rep anyway. :confused:
    I think they can, but it just isn't worth any points thats all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    Exactly. People who care about rep for the right reasons don't need lots of green gems for it.
    But the system stops people who are so inclined from abusing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    You've answered your own question- it's quite nice that people think to give you it so that's the point of it
    i love gettin rep randomly wen its says somet like "thanks that wa shelpful" or "u make me smile" cheers me up for the day! seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    i love gettin rep randomly wen its says somet like "thanks that wa shelpful" or "u make me smile" cheers me up for the day! seriously
    Yay! Think I've cheered you up a couple of times then!
    I got some neg rep for saying I liked Harry Potter- I wasn't worth anything (must've been a newbie) but I still don't like seeing that nasty red gem on my user cp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Yay! Think I've cheered you up a couple of times then!
    I got some neg rep for saying I liked Harry Potter- I wasn't worth anything (must've been a newbie) but I still don't like seeing that nasty red gem on my user cp
    aaaaaaw thanks! i hate how i aint got rep top giv til 2moro dinner, theres so many peeps i wana giv it to 2day!

still, the sun can keep us happy for a bit cant it...?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    aaaaaaw thanks! i hate how i aint got rep top giv til 2moro dinner, theres so many peeps i wana giv it to 2day!

still, the sun can keep us happy for a bit cant it...?!
    But thats coz ur SO GENEROUS!!!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    I just wanna see everyone's opinion on this but have you noticed all the rude, impolite, racist etc..... threads are always people with like 4 posts.....i think that users on UKL are signing in on different names to slur and then going to there actual name because not long after the thread is started the user is offline....am i the only one that thinks this or is it just speculation??????
    Ive been on this site for about 3 days. and have got to say, the amount of racial and impolite threads i have read is disgusting. the moderators obviously arent doing a v.good job

*rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    That's not a good way to start off here.
    its not like i wish to have people making a judgement about me. Im simply stating the obvious. This is no place for racial/impoliteness etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I can't say I've read every single thread on the forum, but I don't think there's much racism. There are quite a few threads about racism, including ones I've posted in myself and as far as I can see, most people discuss it rationally.
    true, and i myself cant say that either. Yes, most people may discuss it rationally, but what about those who dont? It doesnt seem to be as if there is anything being done about it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.