Can precum swim through thin layers and get you pregnant?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My boyfriend and I had 'dry sex' over clothing; he was wearing just boxers, and I was wearing (very short) pyjama shorts and knickers. He had a lot of precum and I was moist, and I think he made the front of my pyjama shorts damp.

Now I'm terrified this could lead to pregnancy. I had only just finished my period when we were doing this but is there still a chance, even if a slim one? Can precum make its way through clothes? Can precum even make you pregnant at all?

Thanks.
Carpediemxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where you doing it like Neil from the Inbetweeners movie when he's on the boat party?

If so, then no
Cherubim2000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would say no!!! But if you do get pregnant let me no because that would be a first lol ... Seriously don't worry.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
BeanofJelly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The situation you just described cannot make you pregnant.

Pre-*** is thought to contain little to no sperm in the first place. There is a theoretical possibility that some sperm is present in precum, but even so, penetration would have to take place to cause pregnancy. It's enough of a mission for sperm to reach the fallopian tubes as it is, the stuff isn't magic.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lets think positive. If you're not pregnant, you don't have anything to worry about. If you are, you can sell your story to the tabloids for being the only person ever to become pregnant through clothing.

I call win/win.
LaughingBro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Morning after pill? [MAP]?
bssjonny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The odds of you getting pregnant from that are about as slim as Victoria Beckham
PoGo HoPz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
May I ask, why dry sex? :unsure:
biffyclyro27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PoGo HoPz)
May I ask, why dry sex? :unsure:
Maybe because they aren't ready? Lots of people experiment in different ways sexually before having intercourse.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I still don't know for certain though. My boobs have been hurting lately when they shouldn't be, my lower back hurts and my tummy has started protruding a little... I'm not throwing up though and don't have any abdominal pain. Do you think I should get a test just in case??? In first year of uni and am so scared right now
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're not pregnant.

Chances of getting pregnant from full intercourse if everyone is healthy are about 1/20.

This was just precum, with clothing between. Catagorically, you are not pregnant. Stop worrying.
gypsyclimber
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I very much doubt this eggo is preggo.

The chances of you being pregnant from this encounter are ridiculously slim, it really would be verging on the miraculous.

However, if you think you're experiencigng symptoms and there's been any other encounters where there may be a chance of pregancy there would be no harm in taking a pregancy test if your next period is delayed - if merely to put your mind at rest. It is most likely just to be paranoia and fixation - if you didn't have this worry you probably wouldn't even notice the symptoms! But yes, chances are ridiculously slim - take a pregancy test if your period is delayed.
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I still don't know for certain though. My boobs have been hurting lately when they shouldn't be, my lower back hurts and my tummy has started protruding a little... I'm not throwing up though and don't have any abdominal pain. Do you think I should get a test just in case??? In first year of uni and am so scared right now
You see these symptoms because you are pessimistically thinking/worrying/stressing that you are pregnant...

How long ago did this happen, anyway? By the way. You're not pregnant. From precum the chances are astronomically low as is, plus through clothing? Nope. Those little guys didn't have a chance. Now stop worrying
User1014865
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What's 'precum' surely *** is ***?
Jennie027
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's highly unlikely you're actually pregnant.
username1024541
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Perhaps you are that paranoid you're actually imagining the pain?
How long ago was this? A week? Surely that's not long enough to have all those symptoms (i.e belly protruding?!)

You're not pregnant, honestly. It'd be an absolute miracle if you were because it's basically impossible (you were wearing clothes...how on earth would sperm be able to get through your clothes, wriggle down/up [idk what position you were in!] to your vagina and clamber[lol] up?).

Precum has minute quantities of sperm in in the first place (if any amount of significance at all), and the chances of actually becoming pregnant from unprotected sex is actually quite slim as well (especially since you weren't at the height of your fertility, having just come off your period), you're safe.

Stop worrying!
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Iamyourfather)
What's 'precum' surely *** is ***?
It's not *** It's what happens some time before he cums (most guys, anyway). Apparently "pre-ejaculate neutralizes residual acidity in the urethra caused by urine, creating a more favorable environment for the passage of sperm" and is also a lubricant.
insignificant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OP the best way to find out is to just take a pregnancy test. It's highly highly unlikely that you are pregnant but it will put your mind at ease.
HalGuru
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So THAT's what happened with Mary....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
30.16%
No (308)
69.84%

Watched Threads