Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    i agree - tednol's avatar never fails to make me cross my legs. tho im not sure about the picture of him on http://uklearning.tripod.com it makes me sway more towards kingnik :P
    cmon man, if you wana say it just say it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    We had a GP attachment in the first term, just to make us think we're getting some pre-clinical contact in the first year; but it was an hour a week for 8 weeks, so not exactly overwhelming.
    We got two three-hour sessions - even worse! We then had to write a stupid essay on it; we'll find out if we passed it this week.

I quite like this method, especially when I don't really know what I'm doing to begin with. Just had a review of cranial nerves, I take it that the "ooh, ooh, ooh, to, touch....." mneumonic is pretty universal
    Yes, it is! But I missed the first session on cranial nerves and nobody would tell me the mnemonic afterwards. There are an awful lot of dirty ones out there. I like real dissection, although for cranial nerves etc it was all prosections.

Oooh, I didn't realise there was a members' pics site. I'm not posting mine though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Oooh, I didn't realise there was a members' pics site. I'm not posting mine though
    surely you cant have missed my incessant posting of my new picture thread (in the about subforum) which encompasses the good the bad and the ugly that reside on ukl. we need as many pics as we can get because... just because, so please do post your own!

ReputationRep:
    We got two three-hour sessions - even worse! We then had to write a stupid essay on it; we'll find out if we passed it this week.

Yes, it is! But I missed the first session on cranial nerves and nobody would tell me the mnemonic afterwards. There are an awful lot of dirty ones out there. I like real dissection, although for cranial nerves etc it was all prosections.

Which year are you in? Oh and don't forget; "Luscious French Tarts Sit Naked In Anticipation" for the bones in the wrist. The mnemonics certainly serve their purpose! I wouldn't fancy dissecting cranial nerves, the only one I can vaguely recognise is the olfactory nerve, which is not encouraging as my anatomy spot is after easter.

ReputationRep:
    i bet all you medical students watch ER and casualty and constantly pick at how inaccurate it is and how you'd do that better :P

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of this thread when noone had a bloody clue what anyone looks like?

Apologies if this point has been raised before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    What's the point of this thread when noone had a bloody clue what anyone looks like?

Apologies if this point has been raised before.
    LAST TIME! CHECK OUT MY NEW PICTURE THREAD IN THE ABOUT SUBFORUM FOR MANY MANY MEMBER PICS. IF YOURS (ANYONES) ISNT UP THERE, BE VERY ASHAMED! thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Which year are you in? Oh and don't forget; "Luscious French Tarts Sit Naked In Anticipation" for the bones in the wrist. The mnemonics certainly serve their purpose! I wouldn't fancy dissecting cranial nerves, the only one I can vaguely recognise is the olfactory nerve, which is not encouraging as my anatomy spot is after easter.
    I hope you mean that one for structures passing through the superior orbital fissure - wrist bones is Some Lovers Try Positions That They Can't Handle. Our steeplechase exam for anatomy is on my birthday :mad: I'm a first year, btw.

Kingnik - I don't usually go on the About forum, but I will go and have a look, if it lets me. Tis very busy at the moment :rolleyes:

(Original post by Gimp)
    i bet all you medical students watch ER and casualty and constantly pick at how inaccurate it is and how you'd do that better :P
    Well, I don't have a TV here, so I don't in term time. I only watch Casualty at home, and don't generally pick holes in it unless they're blindingly obvious - usually their medical stuff is meant to be pretty accurate. My dad does it more, and he knows nothing!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you mean that one for structures passing through the superior orbital fissure - wrist bones is Some Lovers Try Positions That They Can't Handle. Our steeplechase exam for anatomy is on my birthday :mad: I'm a first year, btw.

Kingnik - I don't usually go on the About forum, but I will go and have a look, if it lets me. Tis very busy at the moment :rolleyes:

Well, I don't have a TV here, so I don't in term time. I only watch Casualty at home, and don't generally pick holes in it unless they're blindingly obvious - usually their medical stuff is meant to be pretty accurate. My dad does it more, and he knows nothing!
    Ahhh, that would make more sense. Lol, I was wondering where the scaphoid, capitate, lunate... bones came in! And not forgetting the "twenty zulus buggered my cat" for some of the subdivisions of the facial nerve.
    Casualty does have someone with a MB ChB in the credits, so I'm hoping they don't make too many blindingly obvious mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    i just had a look at the piccy thingy well there's some odd ones but gimp tednol n the one in the corner with the maths stuff comin outta his brains all seem quite tasty if i may say so!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    FITTEST GUYS ARE: gimp and kildare!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    ooh, gimp may not have to resort to homosexuality after all

dont believe we have a pic of you Nafisa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nafisa)
    thx fi

ReputationRep:
    yeh nafisa...even i posted mine up 4 a record 10minutes...woohoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    yeh nafisa...even i posted mine up 4 a record 10minutes...woohoo
    SATURDAY IS THE DAY

ReputationRep:
    To be vain

ReputationRep:
    Is there going to be a poll to vote on the nominies on this one?
    I vote Tednol and Juwel for the record.

ReputationRep:
    don't think a vote is needed, tednols walked it

its the sexiest female one that needs a vote!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    don't think a vote is needed, tednols walked it

its the sexiest female one that needs a vote!
    So why doesn't someone do it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know :shrug:

I nominate dazya.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.