Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was in Bournemouth at the weekend. Whilst I was minding my own business a Hari Krishna type person jumped out at me and asked me if I wanted a free book. I said OK to get rid of him, but then he said he could only let me have the book (about some Hari Krishna stuff I am never going to read) if I made a donation. I said that it is not free then is it. He said the donation was towards the publishing costs. I was in my home town yesterday and a Scientologist Group were doing the same. Christ it is like the religious Big Issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    I was in Bournemouth at the weekend. Whilst I was minding my own business a Hari Krishna type person jumped out at me and asked me if I wanted a free book. I said OK to get rid of him, but then he said he could only let me have the book (about some Hari Krishna stuff I am never going to read) if I made a donation. I said that it is not free then is it. He said the donation was towards the publishing costs. I was in my home town yesterday and a Scientologist Group were doing the same. Christ it is like the religious Big Issue.
    wierd...i got an actual free book from someone random on the street about having multiple lives and what you will be in your next life....i kept it but never read it- think its been recycled now!!

ReputationRep:
    A Hari Krishna-y person cornered me just before Christmas, but their tactic was donating money to buy Christmas presents for some disadvantaged group, and look I'll even give you a free book if you say yes! I got guilted into it, the book went straight into recycling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    wierd...i got an actual free book from someone random on the street about having multiple lives and what you will be in your next life....i kept it but never read it- think its been recycled now!!
    They try to draw you in, get the book, next comes the conversion. The Scientology conversion conversation was best, he was trying so hard, when I mentioned I was an Athiest the blod drained out of his face and he tried to get rid of me.

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me in bath. Strange monk bloke completely did me over. Was left four pounds lighter and the 'proud' owner of a very suspect book on reincarnation.

ReputationRep:
    I encourage you to buy the Big Issue. These people are the homeless who want to get back on track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    They try to draw you in, get the book, next comes the conversion. The Scientology conversion conversation was best, he was trying so hard, when I mentioned I was an Athiest the blod drained out of his face and he tried to get rid of me.

They are even more shocked if you say, "I'm a born-again Christian".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    In Edinburgh some kind of Hare Krishna bloke gave me and my missus each a nice badge, providing we shouted 'guranga' or something loudly in the street, very odd.
    In Nottingham somebody put up a massive banner up hanging from an overpass??? (walkway passing over a road???). Anyways, it says "SHOUT GURANGA, BE HAPPY" every time I see it, it makes me smile.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.