Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I finished my IGCSEs in June 03. I recently moved to London. I took a gap year and want to start my A-levels in September 04. The problem is that i'll be 19 in September coz of my gap year and switching from local to British syllabus in Primary school. Anyway, I want to study medicine and so I know I need to do Chemistry/Maths and Biology or Physics a-levels but I don't know the best way to find a decent college in the London area. I'm under the impression that doing my a-levels at a grammar school will give me the best tuition and the best grades, but most of the kids there will be 16/17 and this school i spoke to said that it'd be a problem. So my other option would be a college catering for older students. Are these as good? I was thinking of the Surrey area, but definitely something just outside london.
    It also has to be realtively in-expensive (c. ₤3000 a year) as I'm paying for it myself.
    HELP! Anyone have any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zambia)
    Hi, I finished my IGCSEs in June 03. I recently moved to London. I took a gap year and want to start my A-levels in September 04. The problem is that i'll be 19 in September coz of my gap year and switching from local to British syllabus in Primary school. Anyway, I want to study medicine and so I know I need to do Chemistry/Maths and Biology or Physics a-levels but I don't know the best way to find a decent college in the London area. I'm under the impression that doing my a-levels at a grammar school will give me the best tuition and the best grades, but most of the kids there will be 16/17 and this school i spoke to said that it'd be a problem. So my other option would be a college catering for older students. Are these as good? I was thinking of the Surrey area, but definitely something just outside london.
    It also has to be realtively in-expensive (c. ₤3000 a year) as I'm paying for it myself.
    HELP! Anyone have any ideas??

as long as you get the grades, it doesn't really matter where you get them from,as long as the school/college has a reasonable reputation and you don't want to get to oxford or cambridge...although other unis can discriminate against the school you were from 2 so go to the best one u can!!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.