Turn on thread page Beta

Help me stop being a cry baby!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    I am such an emotional person, and I need to stop it!!! If something bothers me, I am more likely to express it with tears, I cannot help it, if I am ill, it just makes me cry. I am fed up of it!! please help me, does any one know any solutions or remedies??

ReputationRep:
    Why? I think its better to express emotions than keep them locked up.
    I locked them up for years, and look at the state i'm in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    I am such an emotional person, and I need to stop it!!! If something bothers me, I am more likely to express it with tears, I cannot help it, if I am ill, it just makes me cry. I am fed up of it!! please help me, does any one know any solutions or remedies??
    Every time you feel the lump in the back of your throat, think about why it's there. Also think about all the good things in your life and in the world... This gives you some perspective and makes you see that whatever it is, it's not that bad in the overall scheme of things. Laugh at yourself too - whatever it is, it really isn't that bad. Don't let being emotional get you down too!! Chin up!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Why? I think its better to express emotions than keep them locked up.
    I locked them up for years, and look at the state i'm in!
    because when you cry in public, i.e. on the bus people stare!! and you get a bad reputation!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Every time you feel the lump in the back of your throat, think about why it's there. Also think about all the good things in your life and in the world... This gives you some perspective and makes you see that whatever it is, it's not that bad in the overall scheme of things. Laugh at yourself too - whatever it is, it really isn't that bad. Don't let being emotional get you down too!! Chin up!!!!!
    I tried something similar before, but the more I thought about stuff, the worse it seemed to get, perhaps I just have to think about something completely different, what I don't know though..

ReputationRep:
    because when you cry in public, i.e. on the bus people stare!! and you get a bad reputation!!
    So? You get a bad reputation with people you probably wont see again?
    Wheres the problem?

ReputationRep:
    It's good to let it out by crying... Studies show that people who does so are generally more healthy and have a longer life span.

Studies aside, it's not good to bottom up your feelings...

If you really want a solution, maybe speak to your best friend about your problem... speaking up is also a good way to vent your stress... contrary to bottoming up your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    I am completely the opposite, I deal with things in a different way. If something gets to me I sometimes deal with it by lashing out.. I always regret it. Sometimes it is inappropriate to not show your emotions, and that makes me feel heartless at times, even though Im not.

ReputationRep:
    So? You get a bad reputation with people you probably wont see again?
    Wheres the problem?
    I meant with like fellow students. and I need to be tougher than anything to succeed in a good career, it won't go down well if I well up at the first mistake or something will it!! I blame my parents for my *****y upbringing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eunice)
    It's good to let it out by crying... Studies show that people who does so are generally more healthy and have a longer life span.

Studies aside, it's not good to bottom up your feelings...

If you really want a solution, maybe speak to your best friend about your problem... speaking up is also a good way to vent your stress... contrary to bottoming up your feelings.
    I do need to start talking about things more, good advice!! I am so lacking in confidence, I hate confrontation, or discussing personal things when I am not sure about the response

ReputationRep:
    theres nothing wrong with a person who cries, it shows that you're a sensitive person and you can't change part of you're personality. what type of things make you cry?

ReputationRep:
    I meant with like fellow students. and I need to be tougher than anything to succeed in a good career, it won't go down well if I well up at the first mistake or something will it!! I blame my parents for my *****y upbringing!!
    Surely anyones who's opinion matters will understand you, and those who don't's opinion doesn't matter.
    I also don't see the problem within a career. It would show that you are passionate about your work, and that its important for you to do things right.

ReputationRep:
    You know from now on whenever you want to cry laugh instead...
    Do the total opposite

just shows the insecurity of some people

probably had a hard upbringing

* thanks his parents *
    i love my parents more than anything

ReputationRep:
    Surely anyones who's opinion matters will understand you, and those who don't's opinion doesn't matter.
    I also don't see the problem within a career. It would show that you are passionate about your work, and that its important for you to do things right.
    Hey Iluvatar still got your party running?

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you are all saying, really I do, and I do thin sometimes, in fact after a major argument this weekend, I said it's just the way I am and I cannot change it, but if me and Wes are going to stay together, I need to stop crying... bottom line stop crying or loose the love of my life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Hey Iluvatar still got your party running?
    No, no point really.
    There's no need for it now other parties aren't prominent on the forum.

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you are all saying, really I do, and I do thin sometimes, in fact after a major argument this weekend, I said it's just the way I am and I cannot change it, but if me and Wes are going to stay together, I need to stop crying... bottom line stop crying or loose the love of my life!!
    Thats alot of pressure to put on yourself, and it certainly isn't a healthy way of dealing with it.
    Have you talked to him about it?
    Did he say that you wouldn't stay together unless you stopped?

ReputationRep:

i completely understand...i am the same..

i think that if you are a sensitive person, then things will affect you and make you cry...i know things make me cry even now with my new techniques!!!

my bf is always telling me that i am like a baby crying all the time and that i don't need to cry so much...he is right but i just can't help it...
    however, just recently i have been trying to concentrate on something else not the thing that makes me upset...focus in on your other emotions..like if something makes you angry and upset- focus on the anger instead of the crying....get angry instead...this means that you won't cry..however, you may want to argue more...

you could try going to see a counsellor or something...maybe talking everything through with someone else would help you to take a more positive outlook on life?? Alternatively, if everything is making you upset- go and see your doctor..it could be a hormone inbalance or you may be depressed....

talk things over with wes..or have u??
    what does he say about it all??

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Love is about accepting each other for what she/he is...

Hmmm... he should be hugging you & comforting you when you cry...
    nisi... he's the cause of it... still guys should bow down their heads a little...

Sorry.. i don't really fancy 'MCPs' alot

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.