Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love_4_ducks)
    i dont mean to sound dense but you hav confused me
    lol im just saying that your method of thinking is a little bit 'disneyland'. it would be nice if it was true that it didnt matter if we were fat, but it does. im not saying that ruthiepoothie is fat, obviously 24 is a great bmi, but im saying that will affect your life in a very negative way if you consider your opinion of yourself as the most important opinion to consider. obviously self opinion is important, but it doesnt get you far without others having a good opinion of you, which is affected by how 'fat' you are... carry on

ReputationRep:
    and i am going on a diet...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    apparently the safest amount to lose per week is 1-2lbs...!

oh good...i've been losing about that...usually 2lbs but sometimes 1.
    yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me2)
    yes; i eat only things containing vegetables and fruit, with limited carbohydrate and protein intake, your body will have to use up fat reserves for energy... that coupled with lots of exercise :P
    only veg and fruits, with limited carbs? You do know what vegetables are right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    oh good...i've been losing about that...usually 2lbs but sometimes 1.
    yay!
    congrats...i seem to eat healthy...but lose 5lbs and then the weight stops coming off...even go the gym but cant seem to lose more...!

ReputationRep:
    and i am going on a diet...!

have you done that bmi thing??

follow my diet!!

ReputationRep:
    The safe amount stuff is *******s, when I was obese and started dieting I was losing sometimes up to 6 pounds a week. Just go at your own rate, if you want to lose weight slowly, do it slowly, quickly-do it quickly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    yeah but i was :-)

i am eating lots of fruit- fruit for breakfast and break
    then lots of salad and either pasta, small jacket potato or toast with tuna or chicken for lunch..with fruit for pudding...
    then an ordinary tea but no pudding!!
    (except i ahve allowed myself a small pudding at the weekend) :-)

i think i am actually eating more healthy than normal!!!

i like my new diet- it has given me much more energy...and i am starting to fit into the clothes that were too tight before!!

i just want to look like i used to- as long as i am healthy in doing it and i don't loose too much weight and stop when i get to my target wight that's ok isn't it?
    Yeah just don't lose too much weight I'm impressed by your healthy diet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    The safe amount stuff is *******s, when I was obese and started dieting I was losing sometimes up to 6 pounds a week. Just go at your own rate, if you want to lose weight slowly, do it slowly, quickly-do it quickly..
    cool....

suppose the natural weight is different for each person

ReputationRep:
    If you loose weight too quickly it is bad for you and just goes back soon anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Yeah just don't lose too much weight I'm impressed by your healthy diet

thank you!!

i must admit...i have strayed off it once or twice.!!

however, i have lost at least 1lb every week since i started..mostly 2lbs a weeks and once i lost 4lbs!!!

ReputationRep:
    only veg and fruits, with limited carbs? You do know what vegetables are right?
    Evidently Dr. Atkins hasn't had a profound affect.

ReputationRep:
    ...ooo...i am eating healthily...dnt do brekkie tho...makes me feel really queasy...! i eat properly...! dunno...! oh well...

ReputationRep:
    ...ooo...i am eating healthily...dnt do brekkie tho...makes me feel really queasy...! i eat properly...! dunno...! oh well...
    yeees! another antibreakfaster! few and far between! i cant eat breakfast usually, i just feel like poo!

ReputationRep:

the recommended calorie intake for women per day is 2000, and 70 grams of fat....

to loose weight you need to have less than this...

my bfs mum has found weight watchers really useful..

good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    yeees! another antibreakfaster! few and far between! i cant eat breakfast usually, i just feel like poo!
    ditto...well i dont feel like poo coz i dnt no wat poo feels like...but....i get what ur saying...!
    ive never met an anti-breakfaster b4...every1 i no eats it and shouts at me 4 not...

u getting a rep! lol...well not right now coz the server's busy but i will...

ReputationRep:
    ditto...well i dont feel like poo coz i dnt no wat poo feels like...but....i get what ur saying...!
    ive never met an anti-breakfaster b4...every1 i no eats it and shouts at me 4 not...

u getting a rep! lol...well not right now coz the server's busy but i will...
    aww cheers darling, us anti-breakfasters have to stick together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    aww cheers darling, us anti-breakfasters have to stick together
    ur most welcome!

ReputationRep:
    i never it breakfast cos it makes me feel sick, then lunch at school is just stupid all chips and cr** so I don't eat that so I don't eat until I get home at about 4. MY best friend doesn't eat breakfast either, just drinks water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    i never it breakfast cos it makes me feel sick, then lunch at school is just stupid all chips and cr** so I don't eat that so I don't eat until I get home at about 4. MY best friend doesn't eat breakfast either, just drinks water
    could all anti-breakfasters add it to their sig please? i am sentimental i know, but i feel unified for the first time ever.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.