Studying in Germany with moderate A Level grades Watch

fastfinga
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone
I'm just gonna make this real quick and simple cuz I want an answer quite soon.

Basically, I am hoping to study medicine in Germany and to do so I know all the requirements.. Language, academic, visa (since I am not an EU national).. And so on.

What I really wanna know is that if it's possible to get accepted in Germany for medicine with A level grades of BCC. I know most of u will think "what kind of dumb question is that" but I know some people who studied in Germany medicine with moderate grades (which mine are considered not high or low). However, these people didn't do A levels but a national baccalaureate in my country and went directly there.

And another question too..
Does anyone know about the abitur or A level requirements to study civil engineering in TU Munchen (Munich) or Stuttgart Uni?

Thanks a lot guys for your help.
Sir Fox
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by fastfinga)
What I really wanna know is that if it's possible to get accepted in Germany for medicine with A level grades of BCC.
I highly doubt it. Most universities require a German Abitur grade of at least 1.2 which is basically something around A*A*A, provided you got the right subjects for the degree.

In Germany A-levels are not that well regarded as they don't offer a great range of subjects, in contrast Germans usually study something around 10 subjects in their last year, therefore universities concentrate on the overall grade which in some cases my be a bit lower if that is compensated by high grades in subjects relevant for the subject of study (in medicine maths, chemistry, biology etc.). As A-levels mostly consist of only three subjects in Germany they only gain you access to degree programs which are related to your subjects.

In order to get your A-levels acknowledged you would have to contact some official authority of which I have forgotten the name. As far as I know you also need at least one language among your A-levels in order to gain access to German universities, at least in the state of Northrhine-Westphalia for which I have checked the requirements. At the same time your subjects have to be 'allgemeinbildend', meaning equivalents are offered at German schools. Subjects like Photography, General Studies etc. will therefore most likely not be counted.

This said, I highly doubt that BCC will get you into medicine in Germany.

Does anyone know about the abitur or A level requirements to study civil engineering in TU Munchen (Munich) or Stuttgart Uni?
International Office der Technischen Universität München

Stuttgart should have something similar. But again, Germany is different from the UK. Before you can start any kind of application you have to get your foreign certificate approved and checked for eligibility of access to German institutions of higher education.
officialpouria
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I have a similar situation to you. I wanted to know if you got into medicine with A-levels, and if you did how did the whole thing go? I'd be grateful for your reply.
Geb46
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, do I have any chance to get accepted into Medicine in Germany with the following A Level grades?

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Arabic Language: A

Did anyone get admitted with A Levels?
Biano
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Geb46)
Hi, do I have any chance to get accepted into Medicine in Germany with the following A Level grades?

Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Arabic Language: A

Did anyone get admitted with A Levels?
I know you can get admitted with A levels but I'm not so sure about the required grades. Did you already finish your A levels? Did you apply?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
32.31%
The paper was reasonable (273)
49.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (61)
11.01%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
7.4%

Watched Threads