Steitieh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello people,
I am studying ACCA at the university of westminster, I've been applying to various places for part-time jobs but they either ignore me or keep telling me that I need work experience.

I've been doing some research lately and the only place that is good (and affordable!) and got my attention is KBM training and recruitment. The main reason I liked them is that they offer free work placements after completion of a practical training which I have to pay for but at least they would give me the necessary experience and a guarnteed work placement.

Before I start, is there anyone there who knows anything about KBM?

Finance and Accountancy Careers Content Blocks

dominicjohnson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know anything about them, BUT a good place to get work experience is small accountancy firms. They don't have lengthy processes like any of the big firms, and could create an "on-the-fly" placement for you (if it's unpaid, they don't have much to lose). Even if you end up being a spreadsheet monkey (or some other menial task), it's still experience on a CV. Good luck, and I say go for it!
Steitieh
Rep:
?
Thanks dominicjohnson. I've tried to apply for medium and small accountancy firms but it has been unsuccessful so I may go for KBM training. I just want to know if someone here have heard of them .. ?
Advertisement
daindian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Steitieh)
Hello people,
I am studying ACCA at the university of westminster, I've been applying to various places for part-time jobs but they either ignore me or keep telling me that I need work experience.

I've been doing some research lately and the only place that is good (and affordable!) and got my attention is KBM training and recruitment. The main reason I liked them is that they offer free work placements after completion of a practical training which I have to pay for but at least they would give me the necessary experience and a guarnteed work placement.

Before I start, is there anyone there who knows anything about KBM?
My mate works for kbm, they are good, you can get unpaid work experience by going into small accounting firms
EkaterinaS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ironically I am in the same situation apart from the fact that I took a course at KBM School of Accountancy. I came across KBM at the Career Fair in the University of Westminster with the flyer offering work placement. I wanted to improve my CV so it looks better for the perspective employers, so I took an opportunity. First of all, the team is very helpful and supportive. If you just have a question about the courses, the placement - come in and you will be talked through. I am now doing a course of Advance Book Keeping and Payroll, which is very practical as we are dealing with the real company files/invoices/balance sheets. I find it very useful and absolutely exciting experience and what mostly important is that at the end I will get guaranteed work placement and career support - what else could you need as a graduate with almost no working experience? The labour market is tough currently, and in order to get a job we have to do something on top. That is what I am doing. Hope it helps, and good luck in the job hunt.
Advertisement
Steitieh
Rep:
?
Thank you, EkaterinaS and daindian. After being unsuccessful with one other job application in the past week, I decided to go for KBM training courses. I already booked an appointment for tomorrow, I hope everything goes well.

Thanks everyone, and if you have any other views you are more than welcome to share
Eve1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have done practical accountancy training with KBM a few months ago and to be honest I am very happy. The training was practical and useful, tutors were amazing and always ready to help. They have provided me with work placement and I have landed an accountancy job shortly after that. I would recommend the training to anyone as they have courses for complete beginners also. Good Luck!
Advertisement
Sucati
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I stayed in KBM Consultant for accountancy training for three months. It was a fantastic experience helpful to find a job in the field. The staff was always beside me with lots of information, advice, suggestion. I would recommend the training to anyone: beginners, expert, doesn't matter. Good luck.
Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Two new accounts pop up with two posts and one post to dig up a 2 year old thread. Hmm not suspicious at all KBM...
Advertisement
economist2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
Two new accounts pop up with two posts and one post to dig up a 2 year old thread. Hmm not suspicious at all KBM...
Haha.Good detective work.
EnterNamehereplz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I need some experience but I am in year 12 any suggestions?
Advertisement
Ivanava
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HI Steitieh,

I study AAT Level 3 in Kaplan Financial and I have the same problem finding a job without experience as you 3 years ago.
I came across with KBM training and recruitment and thinking about to give a try. Can you give me advice ? Did you go ahead and take a training course with them. Were you satisfied and did you get work experience in the end ?
I will appreciate your unswer.

Thank you
Ivana.
halixo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I need to know too, just going for my consultation now and I need to know if it's good before I start paying.
Advertisement
Jimmy2020
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,How did you kum?Did u paid for it? Did u get job?Thanks
shiv81
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can anyone please give a feedback about KBM Training providers. Really need to know if they are worth putting money for the course and experience they promise to provide.
Anitram00612
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stay away from KBM! They charge for something that you can get for free in any accountancy firm! They promise to give you experience that counts again your ACCA and when you finish the course they say that it only counts 30 hours in 1 year course!
halixo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I did a 3 month course 1 year later no job.
Advertisement
harrywinstonn44
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Beware these reviews because are made don't fall for every as!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed