r u a glory supporter Watch

This discussion is closed.
rover
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
do u think that most people are glory supporters. ie: born and lives in Devon and support Manchester United. shouldn't u support ure local team? discuss
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rover)
do u think that most people are glory supporters. ie: born and lives in Devon and support Manchester United. shouldn't u support ure local team? discuss
Yeah I think you should support & be proud of your teams & where you come from (even if it is a sh*t hole) lol
rover
(Original post by kissit)
Yeah I think you should support & be proud of your teams & where you come from (even if it is a sh*t hole) lol
i have to admit that i did support Man U but i came to my senses and now i support Rushden & Diamonds!!! my local. well i live in Wellingborough but they ent got a team and Kettering ent in a legue....
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rover)
Ok I was born and grew up near leeds but have always been a Man U supporter since I was tiny - before the premier league evolved. I used to have a season ticket for a few seasons until I could no longer afford it
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rover)
i have to admit that i did support Man U but i came to my senses and now i support Rushden & Diamonds!!! my local. well i live in Wellingborough but they ent got a team and Kettering ent in a legue....
I think it makes sense...plus, you've got more chance of being on your local team than on Man U's! lol
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I can see 4 reasons why people would want to do that.

To support their local club financially.
They've been brought up supporting the club.
If they didn't support their local club people would call them a glory supporter.
They don't mind watching rubbish football.
Some of the best football games I have seen have been between Ryman Premier league teams.
kissit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can see 4 reasons why people would want to do that.

To support their local club financially.
They've been brought up supporting the club.
If they didn't support their local club people would call them a glory supporter.
They don't mind watching rubbish football.
Yeah but for the boys who fancy having a 'pop' at the fancy footwork...its going to start down his local! Rubbish as it is!
Micheal Owen was in my local team (obviously a few years ago) and he was sh*te then, but look at him now!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes it happens, skill does not necessarily provide a good game. But overall the skill level is nowhere near the top, and its those moments of skill that we all drool over that make the 'top' matches special.
Yeah, the likes of Arsenal, Man U, Real Madrid on a good day can take your breath away.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how do you classify a glory supporter though? you can't just say that only locals are allowed to support their club!

i started supporting arsenal because we bought a 2nd hand car of sum gooner when i was young, and it had Arsenal stickers all over it so they were the first footie team i knew.... although i don't live anywhere near them!

i do support my local teams in most other sports tho!
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
People who switch teams whenever there's a shift in power, or ignore their team until they are doing well.

I don't see anything wrong with picking any team you like, as long as you stick with them. There's something admirable (or stupid) about sticking with a team through thick and thin.
Thats true, I'd be a Man U supporter if they were relegated, always have been always will be.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I support Liverpool and I live in the south-east. You can hardly call me a glory supporter though after the way we've been playing recently!
r316
Report 14 years ago
Does Kingstonian count as a football team; or am I excused from having to support my local?
rover
(Original post by r316)
Does Kingstonian count as a football team; or am I excused from having to support my local?
where bouts is that? where u live.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by r316)
hey i follow kingstonian as well

they first came to my attention when they got thru to like the FA cup 4th round - i then managed them in Champo
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah but liverpool are the most successful English team ever.

http://stats.football365.com/hist/overall/attable.html
Very true

But I'm too young to remember the glory days. The season I started supporting them, we finished 7th
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rover)
where bouts is that? where u live.
Kingstonian = kingston upon thames
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont think that you should go and support your local team if you dont enjoy the football! surely you would want to go and watch entertaining football rather than supporting your own **** club
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
'fraid so...i support the mighty ipswich town and yes i am ashamed to admit it therefore a glory supporter....sorry
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i support Aylesbury United

don't think that makes me a glory supporter
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
i dont think that you should go and support your local team if you dont enjoy the football! surely you would want to go and watch entertaining football rather than supporting your own **** club
well i get enjoyment out of watching my **** local club, the atmosphere at games is a lot better than at premisership grounds and you know that you have local players working there hardest for the team instead of overpaid, over hyped pre-madonnas
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (34)
97.14%
No (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads