Turn on thread page Beta

which A-levels do I need to do accounting at uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter which A-levels I do if I want to do an accounting degree at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please reply

ReputationRep:
    It depends on where you want to go. For somewhere like LSE maths and economics would certainly be advantageous. For other places you might get by with something like business studies though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend Maths, Economics, possibly Business studies.
    Look on the entry requirements section of any of the universities you might be interested in.
    If these are quite brief/minimal, do subjects which give you some basic idea of the skills you'd be taught in the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy)
    Does it matter which A-levels I do if I want to do an accounting degree at uni?
    Mathematics and Economics/Business Studies.

ReputationRep:
    definitely do not do economics and business studies together, most universitiess say only do one of economics or business studies. Do economics - it is much more well regarded

ReputationRep:
    Maths would probably be your best bet. Although it sucks.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing accounting(with ebusiness) at uni in september and i'm taking A level maths, biology and computing

i would definitely say pick a number-based subject

i didn't choose my subjects around accounting though, i only choe to do accounting in about june/july last year

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends where you want to go. I took A-Level Geography, Biology and Chemistry and I'm gonna study accounting at Cardiff in September! Although I wish I had taken maths. Do what subjects you enjoy and think you'll do well in.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.