The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Im guessing this is original writing? (creative writing)

What board are you studying?

For my AS eng language coursework I did one piece to entertain, and one piece to inform.

The entertaining piece was a piece about life, from the POV of an acerbic misanthropy, the inform, was an album review, the subsidary purpose was persuade.

The exam board I'm studying require 2 pieces, and 2 commentarys on those pieces, both pieces must be aimed at different audiences and must be from a different writing style.

So.. writing styles:

Inform
Persuade
Entertain
Instruct

I think suggestions are stupid., good writing has to be something your interested in!

Possible ideas though:

Inform - facts - articles, reviews, letters
Persuade - persuasive - articles possibly on opinion, or things which cause arguements in the real world (abortion, euthanasia blah blah blah), letters
Entertain - poem, lyrics, storys
Instruct - 'how to'

Hope I've helped!
For my english coursework i did:

Reading: a magazine article on 'why women love to shop' which was to entertain

Listening: a speech on celebrities eg. christina and how they are portrayed in the media which was to persuade.

so go for something that interests you and it makes it a lot easier to do, e.g. my friend who was learning to drive then did a a3 poster on driving with revision tips, laws, stuff to remember and general info about driving.
Raz17
hey :confused: im very confused.. sorry if ive done this wrong (only just joined) i need suggestions for my english language (as) coursework. i have no idea what to do. can't do leaflet's etc (virtually the whole class has!) all ideas wlecomed!! :biggrin:

I've recently finished mine and my teacher has so far said it is excellent -yay! I did:

- a magazine feature about a competition to meet Busted and Blazin' Squad for young-ish teenagers (to persuade)
- a newspaper article on factors contributing to rising obesity (to inform)

Latest

Trending

Trending