Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey :confused: im very confused.. sorry if ive done this wrong (only just joined) i need suggestions for my english language (as) coursework. i have no idea what to do. can't do leaflet's etc (virtually the whole class has!) all ideas wlecomed!!

ReputationRep:
    Im guessing this is original writing? (creative writing)

What board are you studying?

For my AS eng language coursework I did one piece to entertain, and one piece to inform.

The entertaining piece was a piece about life, from the POV of an acerbic misanthropy, the inform, was an album review, the subsidary purpose was persuade.

The exam board I'm studying require 2 pieces, and 2 commentarys on those pieces, both pieces must be aimed at different audiences and must be from a different writing style.

So.. writing styles:

Inform
    Persuade
    Entertain
    Instruct

I think suggestions are stupid., good writing has to be something your interested in!

Possible ideas though:

Inform - facts - articles, reviews, letters
    Persuade - persuasive - articles possibly on opinion, or things which cause arguements in the real world (abortion, euthanasia blah blah blah), letters
    Entertain - poem, lyrics, storys
    Instruct - 'how to'

Hope I've helped!

ReputationRep:
    For my english coursework i did:

Reading: a magazine article on 'why women love to shop' which was to entertain

Listening: a speech on celebrities eg. christina and how they are portrayed in the media which was to persuade.

so go for something that interests you and it makes it a lot easier to do, e.g. my friend who was learning to drive then did a a3 poster on driving with revision tips, laws, stuff to remember and general info about driving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raz17)
    hey :confused: im very confused.. sorry if ive done this wrong (only just joined) i need suggestions for my english language (as) coursework. i have no idea what to do. can't do leaflet's etc (virtually the whole class has!) all ideas wlecomed!!
    I've recently finished mine and my teacher has so far said it is excellent -yay! I did:

- a magazine feature about a competition to meet Busted and Blazin' Squad for young-ish teenagers (to persuade)
    - a newspaper article on factors contributing to rising obesity (to inform)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.