The Student Room Group
Reply 1
NewGuest
For me personally, I get really down when I'm too scared to speak out in a group of people, it happens all the time, I wish it didn't! I even thought I should get a bit tipsy before group discussions to help me find ma voice

when i cant see my boyf, when i have too much work on, or when i run out of tracker bars :frown:
Reply 2
NewGuest
For me personally, I get really down when I'm too scared to speak out in a group of people, it happens all the time, I wish it didn't! I even thought I should get a bit tipsy before group discussions to help me find ma voice

I get really shy talking in front of people too. I used to never ever put my hand up in class but I'm getting better and my confidence is improving. I think it's got something to do with being made to do class presentations in history every other week!
Reply 3
~Sam~
I get really shy talking in front of people too. I used to never ever put my hand up in class but I'm getting better and my confidence is improving. I think it's got something to do with being made to do class presentations in history every other week!

I just clam up majorly, which annoys me a lot because it's not like I have nothing to say, just that when I feel people are all watching me I lose my nerve and end up looking stupid. Now when I'm in a group my mind goes blank and I end up passively listening to everyone else, just wishing the discussion would end. It really sux.
Reply 4
NewGuest
I just clam up majorly, which annoys me a lot because it's not like I have nothing to say, just that when I feel people are all watching me I lose my nerve and end up looking stupid. Now when I'm in a group my mind goes blank and I end up passively listening to everyone else, just wishing the discussion would end. It really sux.

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. You just have to take things one step at a time. Like try answering really easy questions when the teacher asks them that you know are right and that will give you confidence and you wont end up looking stupid. It also means they wont pick on you for the harder questions!
Reply 5
i guess when my friends aint happy or smiley...!
Reply 6
~Sam~
Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. You just have to take things one step at a time. Like try answering really easy questions when the teacher asks them that you know are right and that will give you confidence and you wont end up looking stupid. It also means they wont pick on you for the harder questions!

thanx sam thats really good advice. cool to think some1 knows how it feels anyway :smile:
Reply 7
NewGuest
thanx sam thats really good advice. cool to think some1 knows how it feels anyway :smile:

That's ok :smile:. Trust me, I know how hard it is when you have to speak in front of a lot of people and all the attention is on. Everyone says to me "you're so quiet" but I'm not like that normally, just when I'm around a lor of people, or people I don't know very well. If you want to talk to me at all I'm here :smile:
Reply 8
school :frown:
Reply 9
what gets me down is stupid winter time.. I think i have seasonal depression or something i feel so unmotivated and weird........
Reply 10
No confidence & tecahers telling you that you suck at a particular subject when you are trying your best....!!
feeling like you're life is not under your control. anyone else get this or am i just going crazy?
Reply 12
NewGuest

Guess when i plan things and they go down the toilet i spose

Latest

Trending

Trending