The Student Room Group

should i be worried?

hello all,

i sent off my ucas application a couple of weeks ago. i applied to five business schools which were aston, leicester, warwick, lse and bath.

i was told on here, and believed myself that i had a strong application for first year entry. i achieved a first in my foundation degree in marketing and sales management as well as having four years experience in financial/management accounts and business analyst work. gcse grades werent great but i had a's in business and english and a high b in mathematics.

arguably the lowest ranked one of the 5 which was leicester rejected me. according to the admissions team they 'require a 70% pass overall with no subject under 65%'. my overall grade is 72% but in three of the 16 modules my scores weren't very good. one was my first work based learning module, one was the 'introduction to online learning' and the third was finance. by bad i am talking 58%, 60% and 61%. the rest of the modules which ranged from human resource management to marketing management had scores between 66% and 81%.

obviously now i'm concerned, i have no worries about my personal statement as i believe it is strong.

is leicester a university that focusses wholly on grades?

any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

max
Reply 1
the only module that should cause a university slight concern would be the business finance module at 58%. with a genuine reason for the grade and four years work experience in BUSINESS FINANCE i'm confused.......................
Reply 2
last point...........the only thread i can see on here about leicester and grades say that they 'can be quite lenient' and people who have got abb when the requirements were aab still got offers......:confused:
Are you suire you listed your Foundation Degree correctly on your UCAS form? 70% with no module below 65% is the sort of entry standard I'd expect for a foundation year or an access course not for a Foundation Degree.

I'd get in touch with them and make doubly sure that they've considered your application as a amature entrant with a foundation degree equivalent to a HND or 2 years of a BA/BSc
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Are you suire you listed your Foundation Degree correctly on your UCAS form? 70% with no module below 65% is the sort of entry standard I'd expect for a foundation year or an access course not for a Foundation Degree.

I'd get in touch with them and make doubly sure that they've considered your application as a amature entrant with a foundation degree equivalent to a HND or 2 years of a BA/BSc

ok thank you, i emailed leicester immediately and questionned the decision. the admissions team replied and said they would consider further if i sent them my CV with a more detailed summary of work experience. they said it was lacking on the ucas application description but apart from in your personal statement i don't know where you're expected to list info.
Reply 5
any others with thoughts/advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending