Turn on thread page Beta

Noooo! I've got a cold watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Aww! Try some neurofen Cold and Flu. Cut out sugary foods and drink too, as sugar depresses your immune system significantly.
    Whoops!
    I wish someone could have told me that before I started having all this sweet stuff, which I thought might give me some energy. I did have some grapefruit though!

ReputationRep:
    Aww! Try some neurofen Cold and Flu. Cut out sugary foods and drink too, as sugar depresses your immune system significantly.
    No more sweet stuff for me then

ReputationRep:
    Im not well at the moment, Ive got a throat/chest infection. I took some Beechams All-In-One, and it made me throw-up, which just made me feel even worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Im not well at the moment, Ive got a throat/chest infection. I took some Beechams All-In-One, and it made me throw-up, which just made me feel even worse
    Last time I had a chest infection,I took benyllin which didn't help at all. Try putting on Vikks at night on your chest and throat it really helps. Also,a vapouriser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    sum1...]{ingnik..told me that taking a cold bath would work...!
    see why im not being a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    If you've got a chest infection, you need to see a doctor to get a prescription for antibiotics. One of the main indicators of infection (of the chest, anyway) is yellow/green sputum being coughed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    see why im not being a doctor?
    YES!

ReputationRep:
    Aww! Try some neurofen Cold and Flu.

Nurofen Cold and Flu is a complete waste of money. You may as well buy some paracetamol/decongestant etc. as a supermarket brand and it has the same effect.
    Hot lemon and honey with crushed paracetamol is what I recommend for colds. I'd also top that up with a combined vitamin C and zinc tablet and get some bed-rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Nurofen Cold and Flu is a complete waste of money.
    Works every time for me... almost as well as the vodka option Trust me, I'm a Doctor (boy I've waited a life time to use that one!!!)

would agree with the bed rest though, conserve energy and avoid the feeling to over indulge on the sugars. My prefered method of getting over a cold is to sleep until it has left my body

Even if this takes a week

Or a month

ReputationRep:
    Works every time for me... almost as well as the vodka option Trust me, I'm a Doctor (boy I've waited a life time to use that one!!!)

would agree with the bed rest though, conserve energy and avoid the feeling to over indulge on the sugars. My prefered method of getting over a cold is to sleep until it has left my body

Even if this takes a week

Or a month
    I'd put money on the cheap generic drugs in the supermarket having the same effect as nurofen. Then again, it may be the placebo affect of the shiny box and brandname that makes you feel better - stranger things have happened. And didn't you know it's illegal to impersonate a doctor...?

ReputationRep:
    Echinacia and lots of vitamin C! Also Sudefed Decongestant tablets. Honestly they do work.

ReputationRep:
    And didn't you know it's illegal to impersonate a doctor...?

I am a Doctor! I have (very recently gained) a D.Phil in Cancer Research

I don't start my medical degree until Sept though, when I will have to drop the title Dr out of fear of looking pretencious!!! ohh well!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am a Doctor! I have (very recently gained) a D.Phil in Cancer Research

I don't start my medical degree until Sept though, when I will have to drop the title Dr out of fear of looking pretencious!!! ohh well!!!
    Sorry to accuse you of wrong-doing, doctor. And yes, calling yourself 'doctor' in medical school may leave you liable to having dissected arms being left in your bed so I'd advise against it.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to accuse you of wrong-doing, doctor. And yes, calling yourself 'doctor' in medical school may leave you liable to having dissected arms being left in your bed so I'd advise against it.
    Cool!!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.