Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When the year 13 a few years above me left sixth form a few years back, they locked the school gates with a huge chain and massive great heavy duty padlock. The thing was, there is only one entrance to my old school, and they'd got all their cars out and waited for all the buses to come in before locking the gate shut, meaning that in the end the site staff people had to come out with a chainsaw. Quite funny.

Our year put the deputy head teachers car in the autotrader for a ridiculously low price, and her office phone number as the contact number when we left year 11. When we left year 13, we bought a load of padlocks and locked all of the faculty room doors, the staff room door and some of the senior staff's doors shut...that majorly annoyed everyone as there was nowhere they could get a cup of coffee! The site staff again had to cut them all off, but they did find it humerous, and even stuck a sign on the sixth form centre doors saying "Second hand padlocks for sale, some minor damage, see site staff".

The year above me at school spread a load of rumours about painting the school in the middle of the night the week before they left, and made the deputy head so paranoid that she hounded a team of staff to remain in school the entire night before they left to make sure nothing happened. She decided to tell the upper sixth this, so instead of doing anything, they made a rota so that every 20 minutes someone with a car drove around the school car park a few times with full beam headlights on just to make sure all the teachers were kept awake all night. Then in the morning when she gave them their final assembly, and thanked them all for the sleepless night, they chucked a bucket of cold water over her. As you can tell we didn't like her much (but at least she had a sense of humour - she needed it)!!!

Oh and one of my hall mates and his mates managed to get a cow into their school library at the end of their sixth form. They'd spent the year stealing keys to make sure they could get in in the middle of the night. The library was upstairs, so although the cow would go upstairs, it wouldn't go back downstairs again and made a lot of mess in the library!!! I've never asked where they got the cow from though!

ReputationRep:
    For my year 11 leaving someone did the murder site mark on the tarmac as well, I thought that was quite funny...

hmmm....the year above us moved all the lockers in the busiest corridor in the school so that nobody could get passed, oh how that amused the lunchtime supervisors!

one year the upper sixth managed to get a teacher's bike on the roof- this being the cambridge graduate who cycles everywhere with skirts billowing behind her....

and there's always the washing line above the drive with about 50 pieces of lingerie pegged to it...

but a word of warning, one sixth former set the fire alarms off (it think it was in the middle of the night) and all the fire engines came and everything, and got expelled, even though he'd technicahlly left apart from his final A-level exams, which went down on his record and everything. I'm not sure if he still got his uni place or not...so don't do anything illegal cos it'll come back to haunt you if u get caught!

ReputationRep:
    Our muck-up day is coming up soon and we're seperating our school into zones...zone A is going to be cowboy themed, lassos and cowboys etc. Also, at the end of the day, we're going to charge ppl to get out of school...maybe £1.00 or something and then donate the money to charity or a round at the local...depending on how we feel that night. The neighbouring school to us, are parking a mini in their common room and also their head boy is coming in with a full grown beard and a horse, because in their by-laws, it states he can...LOL.
    Ideas for others include, flag poles...the possibilities, water balloons...and also, tape recorders in lockers where you have ppl screaming to be let out etc.

JoKing.

p.s. More ideas are welcome.

ReputationRep:
    My brother and I went to the same school (9 years apart!) and he swears a friend of his took a car to pieces and re-assembled it inside the hall. COuld be just a "legend" but still, would be cool wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    The funniest thing was when the 6th form cleaned out all the fart bombs from the local joke shop and released all of it along the whole length of the corridor. All you could see was the cleaners/site management walking down the corridors holding 2 cans of sir freshners and just walking up and down.

The smell was real toxic.

They also rolled a spliff and put it on the statue's mouth of a past headmaster. It was there for a lonmg time, as they used superglue to stiffen it and glue it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My brother and I went to the same school (9 years apart!) and he swears a friend of his took a car to pieces and re-assembled it inside the hall. COuld be just a "legend" but still, would be cool wouldn't it?
    Sounds like they pinched the story from the "Legend of the Austin 7" in which said vehicle was acquired, dismantled, hoisted to the roof of the Senate House and reassembled in the middle of the night! This actually happened some time in the 50s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    The funniest thing was when the 6th form cleaned out all the fart bombs from the local joke shop and released all of it along the whole length of the corridor. All you could see was the cleaners/site management walking down the corridors holding 2 cans of sir freshners and just walking up and down.

The smell was real toxic.

They also rolled a spliff and put it on the statue's mouth of a past headmaster. It was there for a lonmg time, as they used superglue to stiffen it and glue it on.
    hehehe, now that is good.

ReputationRep:
    Crikey, there's already plenty to do on here, but myself and school chums had a particulary enjoyable last week. We started the week by disrupting lower school assembly, and playing The Village People's 'YMCA' at full volume. The next task was to remove all of the 'Do not use mobile phones' signs, and to replace them with one's saying 'Its ok to use mobile phones'. Then, which was slightly dangerous I must admit, attempted to drive onto the rugby pitch and have a straight line sprint.

Over the next few days we moved lockers so they were in front of doors (also a bit silly - fires etc), turned off the server so the school's millions of computers were useless (particularly satisfying), managed to swap a tape for an assembly which was supposed to be about natural disasters, to a Sir David Attenborough voice over describing some procreating orangutans.

The week culminated with us buying a HUGE lock and chain, and we got to the school at 5.30am and locked the gates. The buildings manager (head caretaker) couldn't get to his beloved lock cutters and the fire brigade had to be called!!

Later on we had a swim in the pond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    Well I've searched the forums but can't seem to find anything..

I'm sure you've all got some ideas for your last day at school or some experience of others' last day at school, which for us is coming up in May (woohoo!)..

We've been discussing it at school.. as i'm sure you're aware, must be something legal, funny and something that will be remembered for a few years to come... and obviously something that causes as much havoc as possible. And no, setting off the fire alarm several times like the lads from a few years ago did, is well.. just.. pointless.

Ideas so far..

1. Putting our headmaster's house and car for sale on Ebay.. probably a bit extreme but could be very very funny.

2. Ordering taxis from as many taxi firms as possible from around our area for that morning, causing as much congestion around the school as possible.. whilst also possibly placing diversion signs directing traffic away from the one entrance into school.

3. Set off the fire alarm, wait for evacuation and then lock all 5 doors into the school from the inside.. for a while.

4. The usual massive banners, waterguns, eggs, flour etc etc etc..

any more?!
    How about buying some spades to clean the muck up?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you cut the chassis up into smaller pieces and then weld it later (rendering the car completely useless forevermore) then it's not going to come apart into many pieces, is it? Urban legend.

A good one is to put cress seeds all over the floor. Just pour water all over, and the carpet will be in bloom in no time.

ReputationRep:
    Get hold of a couple of moles and let them loose on the school field.

Sew frozen prawns into staff room curtains/chairs...by the time they've defrosted you'll be long gone and they'll stink. No one will know where the smell is coming from.

Hide maggots all over the place.

Spread fish paste or something else that smells gross on the underside of chairs + tables.

Potatoes in car exhausts.

Locusts (do they like to eat paper??) in the library.

Hope you have a fab last day... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    you people achuuly did something. Man, we just signed shirts, left the building and went to the pub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    and there's always the washing line above the drive with about 50 pieces of lingerie pegged to it...
    no thats a good idea... you guys seem to blow it all in one day tho.. at our school we have mess up week.. with 2 pranks every day.. any more suggestions would be great actually.. and there are lots of posibilities for stuff involving staff/boarding staff/important stuff cos we have one of the deputy heads on our side (it was her idea to do mess up week in teh first place) although of course well have to prank her at some point.. we're going to start by replacing all the cutlery in school for chopsticks.. and lego-ing up the main doors.. we also want to move all the furnitre out of the dining hall and set it all up perfectly on teh sports field (its a very long way tho).. any more suggestions would be grealt appreciated. (i shoul dpost pics up afterwards!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Better have some good excuses when the fire brigade arrive :rolleyes:
    Agreed. on our last day the police were called in and a couple of people wernt even allowed to take their exams as a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malledo)
    Agreed. on our last day the police were called in and a couple of people wernt even allowed to take their exams as a result.
    wow, the only person who wasn't allowed to take an exam at our school was the classic person who forgot to turn off his phone during the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how legal it is to burn Class of 2004 onto our rugby pitches
    Its not legal but it sure was funny, seeing the principal come inot assembly "Whoever burnt the oval will...blahblahblah..."

Last year the seniors in their last assembly, everytime the principal and other speakers said one word the all went "Olay!" and then instead of the anthem and the school song they sung "Jeromiah was a bullfrog" to the tune of both.

ReputationRep:
    A while ago, at the leavers assembly they put on, they managed to sneak a male stripper into our (all girls) but they were found out just before

ReputationRep:
    My sister said that during her last assembly, some students released about 10 birds (well fed) inot the hall....o did it rain **** that day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    Well I've searched the forums but can't seem to find anything..

I'm sure you've all got some ideas for your last day at school or some experience of others' last day at school, which for us is coming up in May (woohoo!)..

We've been discussing it at school.. as i'm sure you're aware, must be something legal, funny and something that will be remembered for a few years to come... and obviously something that causes as much havoc as possible. And no, setting off the fire alarm several times like the lads from a few years ago did, is well.. just.. pointless.

Ideas so far..

1. Putting our headmaster's house and car for sale on Ebay.. probably a bit extreme but could be very very funny.

2. Ordering taxis from as many taxi firms as possible from around our area for that morning, causing as much congestion around the school as possible.. whilst also possibly placing diversion signs directing traffic away from the one entrance into school.

3. Set off the fire alarm, wait for evacuation and then lock all 5 doors into the school from the inside.. for a while.

4. The usual massive banners, waterguns, eggs, flour etc etc etc..

any more?!
    you know your getting old when all you do is tut in dismay at these suggestions.... "set of the fire alarm? But what if there was a REAL fire and no one would come to put it out?". Someone wheel me off to the home.....

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.