candystrippa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi. I'm taking philosophy in university.
Which of LSE , Edinburgh and Bristol should I choose?

(I know LSE offers a different kind of philosophy course, and I kind of like that too) However, I'm worried about the different types of people who will be studying at these universities which may affect my overall experience.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do you enjoy city life?

LSE's course is great and has an excellent international reputation. But you must be able to finance your education, and cope with living in hectic London.
Xanthe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd say the LSE.
m0rningview
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I love Edinburgh, the place is beautiful. Go where you feel most at home, all are good Uni's.
naddles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LSE without a doubt!but as long as you don't mind London life
jeffreyweingard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bristol
bryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by m0rningview)
I love Edinburgh, the place is beautiful. Go where you feel most at home, all are good Uni's.
In your case, go for Edinburgh. If your offer is for Politics, Economics etc. I will recommend LSE.
lalalander
Report 11 years ago
i have the same problem!!! I'm going to study sociology and I'm used to the international lifestyle having moved around all my life but London kind of scares me..
Also, LSE asks me for 36 IB points and Bristol for 33.. and I don't know if I can get 36..?
help!
orangeoreos
Report 11 years ago
I'm trying to make a similar decision too, but Law in my case. London vs beautiful Edinburgh?? :/ I mean London is beautiful too, but I really don't know...

From what I've heard (and since I'm an international student, what I've heard may not be true) the students at LSE tend to be more academically-focused, at least compared to the other London unis like UCL and KCL that tend to have a reputation of having a cosier environment, more social, etc. and LSE has a pretty big proportion of international students, something lik 50%, so it's up to you to decide what kind of experience you want to have.
Cocacola101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by orangeoreos)
I'm trying to make a similar decision too, but Law in my case. London vs beautiful Edinburgh?? :/ I mean London is beautiful too, but I really don't know...

From what I've heard (and since I'm an international student, what I've heard may not be true) the students at LSE tend to be more academically-focused, at least compared to the other London unis like UCL and KCL that tend to have a reputation of having a cosier environment, more social, etc. and LSE has a pretty big proportion of international students, something lik 50%, so it's up to you to decide what kind of experience you want to have.
Hi! I know it's been some time since you've posted this, but I'm in the same situation as an international student torn between Edinburgh and LSE, and I was wondering which university you ended up picking and why. Thanks in advance!
Ppolpg
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cocacola101)
Hi! I know it's been some time since you've posted this, but I'm in the same situation as an international student torn between Edinburgh and LSE, and I was wondering which university you ended up picking and why. Thanks in advance!
Have you made a decision? I am in the same position. I can’t decide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.74%
No, but I have thought about it (53)
27.32%
No (93)
47.94%

Watched Threads