Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else do AQA biol (spec b)? how hard was that paper?!! the grade boundaries mustve been rock bottom, i managed an A on it- woo!

ReputationRep:
    P3: 98/100
    P4: 99/100
    D1: 100/100

If anybody cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    did anyone else do AQA biol (spec b)? how hard was that paper?!! the grade boundaries mustve been rock bottom, i managed an A on it- woo!
    Don't say that!! are you talking about unit 4 (Energy, control blahblahblah)?

I messed up (apparently) and got 58, though I'm sure that must be wrong because i did a load of revision and was confident i'd done well. So im getting it remarked. Even if it doesn't go up, I can retake it.
    I got 269 at AS so its not majorly bad I was just shocked when i saw my mark!!

ReputationRep:
    Well chuffed with my results this Jan!

English (resit): 68/90 and 88/120
    Psychology:
    Unit 2: 100/100
    Unit 3: 83/100
    Unit 4: 90/90

Only one more psych paper in June!

Wahoo!

Well done to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Wow i did sooooooo bad, i just about pased, it was so hard.

ReputationRep:
    i failed french, my whole class did oops, i'm sposed to be going to cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    oh and why does the little piece of paper i got my results on have an uber-cool pink heat sensitive spot on it?
    Try putting it against the radiator. It's really fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    i failed french, my whole class did oops, i'm sposed to be going to cambridge...
    Never mind!! I managed to get in with a C in AS chem hehe..they didn't know about it though!!

Which college??

G

ReputationRep:
    I got...........

AQA Psychology spec B

PYB3 84/90 = A
    PYB5 77/105 = B
    PYB6 78/90 = A

AQA Biology Spec B (HARD.....)

BYB4 72/90 = A
    BYB5 66/90 = B
    BYB8 82/120= C (worse than expected)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Well chuffed with my results this Jan!

English (resit): 68/90 and 88/120
    Psychology:
    Unit 2: 100/100
    Unit 3: 83/100
    Unit 4: 90/90

Only one more psych paper in June!

Wahoo!

Well done to everyone!
    I got the same as you for unit 2 ! woo. On aqa a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Yeah I did that paper, got 76/90, not sure how though, I didn't really finish the paper! I don't think I'll complain though! It was a lot longer (& harder?) than any past papers I had done, I usually finish a bit earlier so stopping when I wanted to continue was wierd!

I'm hopeless at any sort of maths, does anyone know a way of working out the minimum marks you now need to get the grades you need for uni for the summer exams? People are going around saying they need 104 marks to get an A etc...how do you do it?? Thanks
    Katie J

ReputationRep:
    The UMS mark means its the same for every A-level every year. You need 480/600 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    The UMS mark means its the same for every A-level every year. You need 480/600 for an A.
    Ahh right, I did know that just couldn't work out how to convert...lol..I really am hopeless!

So I just add up what I have so far & take that away from the 480 to have the minimum marks I now need to get? Thanks again, Katie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Yeah, nearly finished it now! I wanted to get it in on Friday but I played in the snow instead & couldn't get into school anyway! I should have it done by Monday morning though! 2 weeks early

It is a big project...long...but I wouldn't say it's that bad, nothing extremely difficult it just takes a lot of time to go through it all & you have to explain everything! I'm quite enjoying it really, I'd say its crucial to pick a topic you enjoy, you'll be working on it for ages! There is a huge amount of satisfaction when you complete it, I just have a few bits left now & I have to admit to being quite proud of it! It's massive document but any less wouldn't seem complete or representitive of the work I've had to do for it! I love the idea I'm doing something new (sort of anyway!), I know you have to but I don't like learning things already known, in this CW I'm adding something not done before so its quite exciting really! A taster of writing a dissertation I suppose! It's an enlightening coursework; not boring!

Do bare in mind by current bias though, I've finished it so I like making it seem like a mamoth task and teacher's always exagerate work loads, scare tactics I think! I think you'll enjoy it really, most of A-level geography is fun, even counting sheep poos as evidence of grazing in freezing hypothermic conditions!!!
    Lol - counting sheep poos - haha wicked. I'm thinking of doing a human project as i find it a lot easier (seems to be common sense lol). Hope you get the good marks you deserve. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Never mind!! I managed to get in with a C in AS chem hehe..they didn't know about it though!!

Which college??

G
    newnham hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    newnham hmmm...
    my mates going there!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Lol - counting sheep poos - haha wicked. I'm thinking of doing a human project as i find it a lot easier (seems to be common sense lol). Hope you get the good marks you deserve. x
    Human projects I guess would be easier, I chose not to out of personal interest and a deep hatred of dealing with numbers! There seemed to be more statistical stuff in the human geography pieces I looked at! It also wasn't really an option because of where I live, I couldn't choose a title that I could get good marks for. Our entire class (all 6 of us, lol) are physical geography people, either sand dune succession or some variation of mountain moorlands. Thanks for your good wishes, I really hope you do stick with geography, it's definitly my favourite A-Level, it's so interesting and diverse!

As for Newnham...I might be going too (grades permitting)!

ReputationRep:
    Human projects I guess would be easier, I chose not to out of personal interest and a deep hatred of dealing with numbers! There seemed to be more statistical stuff in the human geography pieces I looked at! It also wasn't really an option because of where I live, I couldn't choose a title that I could get good marks for. Our entire class (all 6 of us, lol) are physical geography people, either sand dune succession or some variation of mountain moorlands. Thanks for your good wishes, I really hope you do stick with geography, it's definitly my favourite A-Level, it's so interesting and diverse!

my mates doin geog there too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl)
    my mates doin geog there too
    If I get the AAA ( )then I'll be doing Archaeology & Anthropology! There are quite a lot of people on this site that might be going this year! I should start a list...

ReputationRep:

Only 6 of you?! Cool, wish my year was like that. In total there are 39 doing AS geog, 3 classes, mine is the biggest with 16 in it. My sixth form has about 100 in each year and geography is quite popular.

I don't mind doing numbers. For GCSE i got full marks on my coursework (was the only one in my year = yay lol) and one project was pure human, the other a mix. I've got ages to decide anyway (i hope!) but you help is appreciated!! xx

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.