Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations everyone.. let's all celebrate.

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    What is it with all you people getting As! I got 65/90 (B) for law, and other two are coursework based so no other results.

ReputationRep:
    Bio4: 100%
    Bio5: 95%

P5:100%
    M3: 92% (a little disappointed but P5 made me dead chuffed)
    D2: 95%

History Dictatorships Paper: 100%

Lit Comment and Appreciation 88%

Chem4: 90%

I'm well proud of these. Was not easy at all!

ReputationRep:
    This must be a clever Forum

Can I be cheeky and repeat my question which may have got trodden on during the excitement..?

Do/Can Universites request your actual paper mark (61/65) or is it only the UMS (90/90) which holds relevance?

Thanks guys

Well done!

D xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)
    Do/Can Universites request your actual paper mark (61/65) or is it only the UMS (90/90) which holds relevance?
    it doesnt matter; if you get an A, you get an A, and if your offer was an A, they have to give you a place .

ReputationRep:
    *Ducks*

Not being difficult but what if they offered places to a lot of students who gained three A's... How would they distinguish between equally qualified applicants?

Would they then request UMS/exam paper marks ?

Dreama x
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    *Ducks*

Not being difficult but what if they offered places to a lot of students who gained three A's... How would they distinguish between equally qualified applicants?

Would they then request UMS/exam paper marks ?

Dreama x
    Offers are made in grades - if you get the grades in the offer then the university is legally obliged to take you.

However if you miss the grades but th UMS shows that you only missed by a point or two then it's worth bringing that to the admissions tutors attention on results day as obviously they'll be more inclined to take a student who dropped a grade by a few points than someone who only just scraped into the grade below

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou old bean

Sorry to have veered off topic.. Back to the results eh?

D xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    it doesnt matter; if you get an A, you get an A, and if your offer was an A, they have to give you a place .
    very true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcr8iv)
    What is it with all you people getting As! I got 65/90 (B) for law, and other two are coursework based so no other results.
    i no! i got an A and am so pleased! but i also got a C and D which im also pleased with! in the past i have had Es on things i have stuglled with but managed to bring them up by gettin better grades on the parts and units i am good at :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Maths AA
    Physics AA
    Chemistry AD
    Biology UU

Overall 5A's 1 D and 2 U's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    English Lit. Modern Novel (resit) 90/90 -- I'm absolutely delighted as I got 66/90 last time, though I don't know how I got full marks, my essay in the exam wasn't that wonderful (as far as I evaluated it). It brings my AS EngLit to 291 which should mean it won't be too hard to get an A overall.

Biology Unifying Concepts 112/120 -- delighted again
    Biology Central Concepts 68/90 -- not brilliant but even with this I should be able to get an A overall fairly comfortably.

Overall I am very pleased
    Hey I got 90/90 for my Modern Novel resit as well - like you, my exam certainly wasn't the best I could've done. Beats the 41/90 I got in the summer though! It's weird, loads of people got full marks on that paper, but the marking in the summer was messed up so perhaps they were extra lenient this time!

ReputationRep:
    Me got an A in Sociology and a B in Classical Civilisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    You'll get it, it's easy to see from some of your posts how passionate you are about geography!! I know what you mean about the pressure thing, just try & ignore it! You'll be fine! Did you do a module in January?
    Katie J
    Aww thanks, you're always really nice to me. Yeah i guess i am 'passionate' about geog .

I didn't do any geog modules in january but i did a biology and sociology one and got AA instead of my predicted BB so it's all looking good. My geog exam board is WJEC. What's yours??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcr8iv)
    Teh law exam was a right pain in the arse. you did well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    OK, so how did you do ?

Better ? Worse ?

List your subject, module names, and UMS marks (and what they were out of) in here.

Does it change what you expect to get out of the subject ?

Will you be resitting ? Just how busy will that make the summer exam period ?

Let us know, and share the passion with us all on UKL.
    I onli did the LTB1 module for english literature by AQA on frankenstein and i cudnt belive it...dis is my first year as an AS student i fort i had failed cos i wrote da question numbers wrong... neways i got 105/105 im thrilled i wanna kiss dat examiner.looool..ive requested my scripts bless aqa (a)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Aww thanks, you're always really nice to me. Yeah i guess i am 'passionate' about geog .

I didn't do any geog modules in january but i did a biology and sociology one and got AA instead of my predicted BB so it's all looking good. My geog exam board is WJEC. What's yours??
    Hey, well done!! Some great grades under your belt already!
    Yeah, I'm with good ol' WJEC for geography!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    Hey, well done!! Some great grades under your belt already!
    Yeah, I'm with good ol' WJEC for geography!!
    Oh cool Have you done coursework for A2? All the teachers are making it sound like a HUGE project - is it?

ReputationRep:
    This must be a clever Forum

Can I be cheeky and repeat my question which may have got trodden on during the excitement..?

Thanks guys

Well done!

D xx
    Indeed, grades do matter more than the individual UMS marks to most unis...except for in some cases like Cambridge where I had to send off my individual marks per module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Oh cool Have you done coursework for A2? All the teachers are making it sound like a HUGE project - is it?
    Yeah, nearly finished it now! I wanted to get it in on Friday but I played in the snow instead & couldn't get into school anyway! I should have it done by Monday morning though! 2 weeks early

It is a big project...long...but I wouldn't say it's that bad, nothing extremely difficult it just takes a lot of time to go through it all & you have to explain everything! I'm quite enjoying it really, I'd say its crucial to pick a topic you enjoy, you'll be working on it for ages! There is a huge amount of satisfaction when you complete it, I just have a few bits left now & I have to admit to being quite proud of it! It's massive document but any less wouldn't seem complete or representitive of the work I've had to do for it! I love the idea I'm doing something new (sort of anyway!), I know you have to but I don't like learning things already known, in this CW I'm adding something not done before so its quite exciting really! A taster of writing a dissertation I suppose! It's an enlightening coursework; not boring!

Do bare in mind by current bias though, I've finished it so I like making it seem like a mamoth task and teacher's always exagerate work loads, scare tactics I think! I think you'll enjoy it really, most of A-level geography is fun, even counting sheep poos as evidence of grazing in freezing hypothermic conditions!!!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.