Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    My friend's going to Claire Coll next year. I remember walking through the college with her when I accompanied her to an open day - very scenic. Your ball better be good for £90!
    Clare - no i!

Our ball is going to be amazing. College balls are huge events here and this promises to be no exception. Others are even more expensive, but it's well worth it; they go on all night till 6am and you have food, drink on tap, entertainment all night....can't wait! Would be fun to have a medics' one as well though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Clare - no i!

Our ball is going to be amazing. College balls are huge events here and this promises to be no exception. Others are even more expensive, but it's well worth it; they go on all night till 6am and you have food, drink on tap, entertainment all night....can't wait! Would be fun to have a medics' one as well though.
    Sorry, Clare College then! I do hear that cambridge balls are quite spectacular, I do think a ball would be well suited to the actual end of the year, as opposed to half way through the second term. I know there are exams etc. but it would be so much warmer! It's scary to think we'll be unleashed into the population as doctors in 6 years.

ReputationRep:
    I think Clare Ball is on the same night as Trinity's, so we can watch their fireworks from our bridge (where you actually get a better view!). I can't wait for May Week - just have to get through exams first...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I just wondered if anybody has or would think about volunteering for a clinical trial of some sort, I'm thinking of doing it - I wouln't mind earning £1000 for not doing very much.
    As long as it doesn't require me eating on fresh lettuce every day, I'm fine.

ReputationRep:
    also with ones where you take pills you of course have a 50% chance of having a placebo. Really is money for nothing.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    also with ones where you take pills you of course have a 50% chance of having a placebo. Really is money for nothing.

MB
    Ah yes, the sugar pill. How comforting.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.