abbiebeth95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I've got 3 interviews for adult nursing. I haven't got a clue what there going to ask me! i'm so nervous I really hope someone has some advice please???(-: And also i don't know how hard this numeracy and literacy test is going to be??:/ Help please!!
gcorry3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I had three interviews for Unis to study BSc Nursing too. There is an example test paper for maths and english entry on the Coventry University (Nursing page about half way down) and at http://www.bcu.ac.uk/_media/docs/Sam....pdfBirmingham

I have a strong background within Support Work and ended up acceptng a conditional offer from the DMU uni to start in Jan. I did not need to sit a maths/english entry test but was asked to sit a scenario interview about a situation within a residential home.

To be honest maths is not my strongest subject so was glad to be offered a place where I did not need to sit one!!! Have you got any experience that could back up your application? I have been told if you don't pass the entry exam the uni won't even consider inviting you for an interview, but if you have your maths GCSE equiv. you will be fine.

Good luck!!

Let us know how you get on.
Gemma -x-
abbiebeth95
Rep:
?
Thanks, i found the Coventry quiz but couldn't find the Birmingham one:/ Yes, i have been volunteering in a residential home and will continue this for the rest of the year. Thanks(: yeah i will!

What kind of questions did they ask you and would their be any tips on how i can prepare?:/ x
gcorry3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi as my interview was based on a scenario I was told to read the piece of writing, I wasnt allowed to make notes or confer with any other interviewees. When I was called I was taken to another room where there were two interviewers, one was actually working within an NHS capacity and the other worked for the uni.

The guys who interviewed me were fantastic, really put me at ease and I can tell you I was crapping myself! They both took it in turns to ask about the service user in the piece of writing asking about the what could potentially be the concerning matters and what would I do to rectify anything. It was really straight forward, the training that you probably would have done as a volunteer and anything to do with person centred care, challenging behaviour would be useful.

Be specific about where you see yourself after your training, they seemed to like that fact that I knew exactly what I wanted to do and where I could see myself working as a nurse.

When are your interviews and where?

Good luck
Gemma -x-
abbiebeth95
Rep:
?
Oh okay thanks(-:
30th november - lincoln
10th december - teeside
12th december - hull

(-: x
nlsmith3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by abbiebeth95)
Oh okay thanks(-:
30th november - lincoln
10th december - teeside
12th december - hull

(-: x
I applied for teeside and passed the interview... Their test paper can be found online. Google teeside numeracy test. Its exactly the same questions but some numbers have been changed... They send u the example test paper closer to your interview date as well. Good luck, p.s. northumbria dont do numeracy test x

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
abbiebeth95
Rep:
?
Cooool oh right, i received one through post(: i havent applied for northumbria x
gladist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who had interview in Manchester metropolitan university for adult nursing please help me out I don't know how the interview is like and also have they got numeracy and literacy test. please reply I have interview on the 5th of january
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gladist)
who had interview in Manchester metropolitan university for adult nursing please help me out I don't know how the interview is like and also have they got numeracy and literacy test. please reply I have interview on the 5th of january
It should say in your interview invite whether you will need to do a maths and literacy test. If you are worried, you could always call the uni and double check.

We have general interview advice here and lots of practice tests. Unfortunately Manchester Met don't have one available, but if you have a look through some of them you'll see that they are all very similar. You can find them here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5084328

Best of luck with your interview!
meg.wilde
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi ive got interviews for
11th december - swansea (already had it)
16th january - liverpool john moores
26th january - bangor
27th january- south wales

the interview process is so confusing - they are all different... can anybody help me and give me advice??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%