Hair suddenly incredibly knotted when wet - falls out when brushing!

Watch
Wittsend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is my story exactly. I had tons of gaur and it’s been falling out like mad! Never has this happened to me. I got in the shower with no knots and cane out with my entire head in 2 massive rats nests. I barely massaged shampoo into my hair. I can’t get me fingers into the knots to comb them out. What the heck is this?? I read someone share that products with silicone can do this? I was using the Brazilian Blow Out mask once every 8 weeks. Could this cause the hair to stick together possibly. I’d be willing to send my hair to a lab to have it analyzed if I knew where to send it to? Does anyone have a solution? Please share if you found an answer.💕
Alabamakelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I recently had my hair highlighted and cut which I’ve done many times. This time something different happened as now when I get in the shower after brushing my hair, shampooing seems to go normally but once I apply conditioner my hair just turns into a mass of tangles. Insane tangles. I have Never had this issue and I’m stumped as to why the sudden change and what the cause is!
Wittsend
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alabamakelly)
I recently had my hair highlighted and cut which I’ve done many times. This time something different happened as now when I get in the shower after brushing my hair, shampooing seems to go normally but once I apply conditioner my hair just turns into a mass of tangles. Insane tangles. I have Never had this issue and I’m stumped as to why the sudden change and what the cause is!
I’m wondering if this is some kind of chemical reaction or build up. None of it makes sense. How are you able to comb out the knots? Mine are like rats nests?
Wittsend
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Janeybabe)
It's so weird reading all these posts as I've had the same issue for about 6 mths now purfect hair stepping in the shower as soon as I start washing my hair it go's all horrible and bitty to the point I can't move my hands around
Did you ever find a solution?
nathan_nacu
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leighcakes)
I've never had any issues with my hair - it's always been pretty knot-free, it's fairly fine and thin and just below my shoulders in length. However, lately, when coming out of the shower it's just RIDICULOUSLY knotted. I have to spend about 20 minutes brushing it through before I can blow-dry, and by then my hairbrush is filled with stray hairs that have come out. I'm really worried it'll start to show that I'm losing hair.

I've not changed shampoo or conditioner, not had any drastic hairstyle change, I've been using the same heat-protective spray for 5 years and I've lived in the same house so it can't be the difference between going from soft/hard water. I really don't know why this is happenng but it's making my life a living hell. It takes me about 45 minutes to do my hair now when previously it'd take only 20.

I've tried de-tangling spray, which does nothing. I've tried combing it in the shower when the conditioner is in and that just gets the comb stuck in my hair and the knots worse. I've tried leaving it to dry naturally for a little bit before brushing it, but that just makes the knots dry together and even harder to brush out. I'm stuck for solutions.

What can I do? Has anyone had the same issues or know of any miracle cure? I think I'm going to go mad... :confused:
As a black person reading this this was SO relatable
jules.rules
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I came across this thread whilst googling answers for my own troubles. I've been losing massive amounts in the past 6 months - I used to have thick, healthy and manageable hair, and now it's getting matted and knotty after every shower! (No matter how much conditioner I use). I'm depressed and desperate. Especially because all clinics have closed down in my country due to the Corona virus pandemic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (52)
61.18%
No (17)
20%
Not sure (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads