Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What music facilities does your school have? I'm just interested in comparing it with my school, which calls itself a "performing arts centre".
    We have:
    - A wind band
    - A big band
    - A woodwind ensemble
    - A flute/clarinet junior band
    - A string quartet
    - A choir
    - A saxophone group
    - Several rock bands
    - An African drumming group
    ....and that's about all I can think of right now! Wish we had an orchestra though The trouble is everyone plays woodwind or brass, there are very few strings. How does this compare to other schools/colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    What music facilities does your school have? I'm just interested in comparing it with my school, which calls itself a "performing arts centre".
    We have:
    - A wind band
    - A big band
    - A woodwind ensemble
    - A string quartet
    - A choir
    - A saxophone group
    - Several rock bands
    ....and that's about all I can think of right now! Wish we had an orchestra though The trouble is everyone plays woodwind or brass, there are very few strings. How does this compare to other schools/colleges?
    I am in a sixth form related to four schools. The one which has the best facilities has a junior choir, a senior choir, a chamber choir, a gospel choir, a junior orchestra, a senior orchestra, a sixthform chamber orchestra, various jazz bands, senior wind band, a saxophone octet, various sixth form chamber groups. To be honest that is due to the work of one very dedicated head of music. It is also a result of having a huge sixth form with over 500 people in each year so we have almost thirty students taking A2 music. The other schools have pretty crappy facilities.

Musicboy

ReputationRep:
    We have almost the same, apart from the African drums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    We have:
    - A wind band
    - A big band
    - A woodwind ensemble
    - A string quartet
    - A choir
    - A saxophone group
    - Several rock bands
    2 Polystyrene cups and a long piece of string.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.