The Student Room Group

Question

I've been offered a place at cam for maths but i need AAA in maths, f maths and physics as well as a 1,2 in STEP II,III. At the moment i am doing A2's in 4 subjects - the above plus chemistry - and predicted 4 A's. I find chemistry a lot easier then physics and was wondering whether you thing they would let me in with AABA (the B in physics). Also, if I missed my A level grades by a grade, say, and got 1,1 in the two STEP papers, would they let me in?

Tatum
Reply 1
To be honest, I doubt it.
Reply 2
We cannot possibly say. They are not legally obliged to, if you miss any of the grades they have specified. However, they may be lenient depending on circumstances, such as you have described, but you shouldn't count on it.
Reply 3
noone would tell you that. It's a hit and run if you miss the grades. A one-off. sometimes you get it and others you don't. 50/50 mate. It depends on what the admissions tutor will eat on that sunny morning in August and what dreams he will see... lol
Reply 4
Drederick Tatum
I've been offered a place at cam for maths but i need AAA in maths, f maths and physics as well as a 1,2 in STEP II,III. At the moment i am doing A2's in 4 subjects - the above plus chemistry - and predicted 4 A's. I find chemistry a lot easier then physics and was wondering whether you thing they would let me in with AABA (the B in physics). Also, if I missed my A level grades by a grade, say, and got 1,1 in the two STEP papers, would they let me in?

Tatum

Given the overlap at damtp etc, they're likely to take Physics a lot more seriously than Chemistry. However if you exceeded your STEP grades they'd probably be quite impressed.

It depends on far too many things for you to even consider second guessing it, your thoughts would be better served improving your Physics marks.

Alaric.

Latest

Trending

Trending