Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the ucas site tells us to apply by 14th of march and sends you to the dfes.gov.uk site student support! but the forms aren't available online! how crap is this!!! so we have to contact the LEA... but they are only open during school hours!!!sooo annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogs)
    the ucas site tells us to apply by 14th of march and sends you to the dfes.gov.uk site student support! but the forms aren't available online! how crap is this!!! so we have to contact the LEA... but they are only open during school hours!!!sooo annoying!
    The information on the UCAS site appears to be for 2003 entry and is thus a year out of date. From the DFES website it says:

"Timing of applications
    We strongly recommend that if you want your first instalment of financial support to be available at the start of term, you should return your application form as soon as possible. You can apply from March 2004, but must return your form no later than 2 July 2004 (new students) or 28 May 2004 (current students). Late applications may result in late payments.

Therefore you can apply as soon as the forms become available- the DFES site was only updated about a fortnight ago for 2004 entry anyway.

I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    You may be able to apply though your school rather than the LEA. Last year my school gave out the inital forms and had people come in to check our passports and birth certificates. Speak to someone at your school to see if they're giving you the same help.

ReputationRep:
    Ive just sent off my application for a student loan and received it about a week ago from my LEA. If you phone them they will send you a pack - I had to send my birth certificate with mine - but should get that back pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    You may be able to apply though your school rather than the LEA. Last year my school gave out the inital forms and had people come in to check our passports and birth certificates.
    yeh, we got someone coming in this week to get our passports etc.

woo! stuff to do! makes it seem less far away!!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.