Superdry - Love or Loathe? Watch

TrebleClef
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So Superdry has the backing of JLS, Jamie Oliver and Emilie Sande, it sponsors various extreme and motorsport events, yet everyone that I seem to talk to about the brand cannot stand it. I personally am not a fan of the clothes, not really my style, but I was curious to see what you all thought about them on here? Love...or loathe?
Tabzqt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Loathe!
Em8980
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Loathe. I just don't see why they have their name stamped on all of their clothes, it looks tacky to me.
py0alb
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its ugly, overpriced, overbranded crap made on an industrial estate in Gloucestershire that pretends to be japanese.
diggy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Love only the tshirts though abit overpriced if anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
knight9434
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Love although I only buy on the superdry ebay store as its so expensive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cake Faced Kid.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Loathe, tacky ****.
Enigma Machine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Loathe.

It costs so much extra for that stupid label.
hollywoodbudgie
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The coats are really comfortable though (this coming from someone who frequently falls asleep on the shoulder of someone wearing who has the coat of them)
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its gone too far with the overt branding, tacky and overpriced. Seems popular though!
Lovefoxxx_93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Their hoodies look so comfortable! Even if I had the money to buy all my clothes from there I wouldn't. I also dislike the labels stamped everywhere.
TrebleClef
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
what brands do you like? Everyone has a couple, I really like Fred Perry stuff, the polo shirts are done but the new laurel wreath stuff i really like. I'm also slowly warming to Lacoste, their new footwear is really nice. Really different
cid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
... i have a superdry hobo hoodie, it's lovely and warm, as a a brand though, i don't care either way.
Eddingtonsons
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a few of their vintage collection t-shirts - bit warmer than normal t-shirts and perfect gym attire for me.

Wouldn't consider it high fashion though, just comfy.
russellsteapot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think most Superdry stuff looks very cheap and tacky. The few well-designed garments are priced around 4 times higher than their quality suggests they should be (the majority of it is supermarket quality at best).

I have no issue with a brand being expensive when the quality is high, but it really confuses me how Superdry has managed to become a relatively big name.
Bellissima
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ummm don't feel strongly about it either way... they have a few nice pieces but the fact they are ridiculously over priced means i would never waste my money there. would rather spend equivalent on better quality clothing.
Bellissima
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by russellsteapot)
I think most Superdry stuff looks very cheap and tacky. The few well-designed garments are priced around 4 times higher than their quality suggests they should be (the majority of it is supermarket quality at best).

I have no issue with a brand being expensive when the quality is high, but it really confuses me how Superdry has managed to become a relatively big name.
ok so i think they are overpriced but that is a real overexaggeration.
russellsteapot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bellissima)
ok so i think they are overpriced but that is a real overexaggeration.
I think exaggeration would have been saying Primark/Peacocks/Poundland. Somewhere like Tesco sells reasonable, average quality clothes. I find Superdry to be comparable to them in terms of quality. Unless the female range is vastly different to the male range, perhaps.
Hanvyj
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got a coat from superdry (well, second hand of ebay lol) recently.

I had no idea it was that big a brand, I'm not very observant so I don't notice these new stores popping up... Never seen anyone wearing the stuff anyway.

I got it because it seems decent quality and I liked the kind of water-proofish material it was made from and it actually suited me.
ForensicShoe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hanvyj)
I got a coat from superdry (well, second hand of ebay lol) recently.

I had no idea it was that big a brand, I'm not very observant so I don't notice these new stores popping up... Never seen anyone wearing the stuff anyway.

I got it because it seems decent quality and I liked the kind of water-proofish material it was made from and it actually suited me.
Really?

I went to see England play at Twickenham last year and I **** you not, I saw a different person wearing the same style of Superdry jacket every 2 minutes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (9)
21.43%
No (33)
78.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed