The Student Room Group

Flatmate wants to beat me up?

One of our closest friends (tom) went out with one of our flatmates (mary) for a few months and then they broke up. Then within a week or two of them breaking up one of my other flatmate (harry who is supposed best mate of first said mate) slept together. Harry told me about them sleeping together.

Harry is not a very popular person as it is by the way he treats people yet his unrealistic ego tells him that hes the best thing in the world. There was a girl who long story short I sat him down and asked him not to pursue as they knew my ex very well and it would cause problems when I return home, its not as if he short on female attention since he sleeps with lots of girls.

He completely ignored that and despite friends also telling him not to pursue her he carried on. Last night after she (he actively sought her out on a night out and we bumped into them) invited us all back to her originally place but when getting ready to leave he convinced her to leave just with him.

He didnt sleep with her or get with her since she made him leave shortly after they got back but this isnt the first time hes tried to do things like this as every time we go out if me or a mate is talking to a girl thats attractive he'll come in and completely walk all over us, putting us down and whatnot so that he can get stuck in.

When they left it was the last straw and since I was angry I told tom about when harry slept with his ex shortly after they broke up.

Now Harry hates me and is calling me a bad friend because I told, despite everyone being on my side for this nobody wants to get involved directly only trying to keep the peace.

He can seem to accept that hes done something wrong and is taking all his anger out on me calling me names and saying hes going to beat me up - though Im fairly sure I can take him.

I dont really know what to do since I dont want to fight him as that will cause more problems but he wont accept that hes done something wrong and pissed off the wrong person essentially.

Any advice?
have the police on speed dial. sometimes these people just don't and won't want to hear it.
Reply 2
Just man up and fight the guy... Sometimes it's the only thing to do.
FFS, Why does the person always have to start with the name TOM? is that just a made up name OR SUMFIN?

I read almost the first paragraph, got bored and now am just assuming he wants to fight you because you slept with his bird? correct me if I'm wrong
Reply 4
obviously you have'nt said it to intentionally piss him off, but if he keeps saying stuff, tell him to try it or shut the **** up
Reply 5
TL;DR :gthumb:
Reply 6
Verbally: give as good as you get.
Physically: if he starts, call the police, don't hit him, if he claims unaggravated assault and there are no witnesses it may end up on your record, rather than his.
Reply 7
carry a sock of batteries around, if he kicks up conk him on the head... chances are when he wakes up he wont even remember he wanted to hit you :biggrin:
On a more serious note ignore him if he's being a jeb end, if he does kick off try and ignore it but if it comes to the crunch have the ding dong and usually afterwards everything goes back to being peachy afterwards.
disarm his lengs
Reply 9
Original post by Short Shortz
FFS, Why does the person always have to start with the name TOM? is that just a made up name OR SUMFIN?

White people.
Reply 10
rape him and scar him for life. and then be like tom i slept with said guy and then tom will be like you slept with my best friend and he will also be upset for being left out of the buttrape party. also, may i join the butt rape, i havent been to a party in a while.

but being serious, he wont fight you because he would have by now, his ego is coming in because he is feeling insecure, betrayed and maybe a bit of an outcast if everyone agrees with you. So just take pity, tell him to chill and whatnot, if he wants to fight then let him swing first with witnesses so you can claim self-defence in court, and when you make a deal in court to drop the charges, say that you want his bed and you also want to buttrape him on it for compensation and abuse etc. he will agree and fun shall transpire, this, i promise you.
Reply 11
Sounds like an awful friend and I wouldn't want to spend time with someone like that. That's the sort of person who causes more unhappiness than happiness, so what's the point in having a friend like that? Keep loyal and trustworthy friends, dump Harry. Especially since he puts you guys down in point of other people. He needs a harsh lesson in reality (don't fight though).
Deck him
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
One of our closest friends (tom) went out with one of our flatmates (mary) for a few months and then they broke up. Then within a week or two of them breaking up one of my other flatmate (harry who is supposed best mate of first said mate) slept together. Harry told me about them sleeping together.

Harry is not a very popular person as it is by the way he treats people yet his unrealistic ego tells him that hes the best thing in the world. There was a girl who long story short I sat him down and asked him not to pursue as they knew my ex very well and it would cause problems when I return home, its not as if he short on female attention since he sleeps with lots of girls.

He completely ignored that and despite friends also telling him not to pursue her he carried on. Last night after she (he actively sought her out on a night out and we bumped into them) invited us all back to her originally place but when getting ready to leave he convinced her to leave just with him.

He didnt sleep with her or get with her since she made him leave shortly after they got back but this isnt the first time hes tried to do things like this as every time we go out if me or a mate is talking to a girl thats attractive he'll come in and completely walk all over us, putting us down and whatnot so that he can get stuck in.

When they left it was the last straw and since I was angry I told tom about when harry slept with his ex shortly after they broke up.

Now Harry hates me and is calling me a bad friend because I told, despite everyone being on my side for this nobody wants to get involved directly only trying to keep the peace.

He can seem to accept that hes done something wrong and is taking all his anger out on me calling me names and saying hes going to beat me up - though Im fairly sure I can take him.

I dont really know what to do since I dont want to fight him as that will cause more problems but he wont accept that hes done something wrong and pissed off the wrong person essentially.

Any advice?

Original post by strawberry
have the police on speed dial. sometimes these people just don't and won't want to hear it.

Original post by Mega0448
Just man up and fight the guy... Sometimes it's the only thing to do.

Police will never do anything unless he stabs your or something. Or seriously injures you. So I'd say kick his door in and show him whose boss
Come on guys, we're supposed to be civilised. Sit down and talk, use your words, I'm sure you're all articulate. I'm not saying be all mushy "you hurt my feelings.." blah blah blah, or to be like "we all think you're a prick" and gang up on him. Just say something like "I only told him because you were being an arse-hole and not a very good friend to me at the time". Go somewhere where there aren't any friends or acquaintances for him to show off in front of, or maybe send him an email? If you decide to do it face to face and he tries to hit you, don't let him get close enough to put his hands on you; even though you think you can take him, it's not worth it. People can be spiteful, it could result in a compensation claim (a bit far fetched I know, but that's what people do nowadays) or if you to fight and you do damage, and the police are called, your going to prison. Clear and concise communication is key :smile:

Oh, and if the convo is going around in circles, end it. That way, he has lost his opportunity to start a fight and you did your best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending