The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway - Psychology

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering, do you guys think there is any point in me applying for Psychology at rhul if I don't have a B in maths? I only have a C and don't want to apply if there's no chance of getting a place (personally rhul is my favorite uni choice lol)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Royal Holloway is my favourite uni choice as well. I want to take the Psychology, Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience course if all goes well from Sep 2016. If you really wanna go there, then I think you should contact the university to see if they could make an exception.

+ 44 (0)1784 443526 (for UG enquiries)

[email protected]

These are from the 'contact us' page on for Psychology.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 42
I'm thinking of firming Royal Holloway for psychology in September 2016, and I also have an offer from Surrey, and possibly one from York. I'm trying to decide between them and although Holloway isn't 'ranked' the highest I feel like it's a nicer campus and probably has a better atmosphere? I've also heard really good things about the department. Does anyone have any advice that's been there or maybe chosen between these unis?
Reply 43
Also, to any current students:

Do you have an idea of what the timetable is like for 1st year psychology? (and 2nd/3rd if possible!)
- I was just wondering how many lectures/seminars per week there are and if they are spread out or mostly on one day?
- How long are most of the lectures/seminars?
- Will we be signed in at every lecture/seminar or do the lecturers not really check (not planning to skip them or anything am just curious!
- Also how many essays are assigned? I've heard there's no January exams which I like the sound of as I prefer essay writing!
Original post by Trolleybaby
Just wondering, do you guys think there is any point in me applying for Psychology at rhul if I don't have a B in maths? I only have a C and don't want to apply if there's no chance of getting a place (personally rhul is my favorite uni choice lol)

Well for me i applied to economics and they wanted an A at GCSE maths and got a B, I asked if they would accept biology or chemistry at A level at grade B instead and they said yes. So I would email the admission team and ask them wether they could do offers such as this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi this is pretty random question but I received a conditional offer from royal holloway for psychology undergraduate and added that as my first option however I'm afraid I may not get the AAB, considering my position, I'm most likely to obtain A*BB. Would the psychology department accept me or be lenient during clearing? Additionally, I am a looked after child so this May place me in a favourable position.
Thank you.
Original post by Msteehee
Hi this is pretty random question but I received a conditional offer from royal holloway for psychology undergraduate and added that as my first option however I'm afraid I may not get the AAB, considering my position, I'm most likely to obtain A*BB. Would the psychology department accept me or be lenient during clearing? Additionally, I am a looked after child so this May place me in a favourable position.
Thank you.

If you get A*BB is equivalent to AAB you'll be fine !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dorm195
Also, to any current students:

Do you have an idea of what the timetable is like for 1st year psychology? (and 2nd/3rd if possible!)
- I was just wondering how many lectures/seminars per week there are and if they are spread out or mostly on one day?
- How long are most of the lectures/seminars?
- Will we be signed in at every lecture/seminar or do the lecturers not really check (not planning to skip them or anything am just curious!
- Also how many essays are assigned? I've heard there's no January exams which I like the sound of as I prefer essay writing!

Hi!

I'm President of Psychology Society @ Royal Holloway.
1st year timetable - 11 hours a week (not inc 1 hour biweekly seminars). You do an hour of research methods a week in both Term 1 and Term 2. Then 3 core modules that are two hour long lectures. You also have lab class (based on research methods) which are 2 hour long and then Workshop (usually same day as the Research Methods lecture) that lasts an hour.

Second year is pretty much the same! And on third year it varies cause you choose your own topics!

You have to sign yourself into each lecture/seminar/workshop/lab you go to using your signature.

Research Methods - 3 lab reports spread across 2 terms & 1 exam
Most of the modules have a piece of coursework and also an exam. All exams are in May :smile:

Hope this helps

Lauren :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there!

This is Royal Holloway Psych Commitee and first we want to wish you all luck in your upcoming exams and hope to see you next year! We all love the department and the university and would be happy to answer any questions you have. If you want to see what we do at RHUL, ask any questions and keep updated with our latest events follow us on twitter @RHULPsychSoc or follow us on instagram @rhulpsychsoc

Soon we will be creating a facebook page for this years freshers so you can chat to current students and see what we have planned for freshers week!

Good Luck and roll on freshers 2016!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending