Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone planning to go to silverstone this year? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We are thinking about it, but aren't so sure about the ridiculously high cost!! besides we probably have Rockingham that weekend, just wondered if anyone could make it seem more worth the money!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    We are thinking about it, but aren't so sure about the ridiculously high cost!! besides we probably have Rockingham that weekend, just wondered if anyone could make it seem more worth the money!!

not even any one!! what about any other motor sports, live then??

ReputationRep:
    We went a couple of years ago but don't think we'll bother this year. Not only were the tickets ridiculously pricey, once we got there all the food, drink etc was about 3 times as expensive as it should have been. We spent a fortune! It was good though but you see loads more on the TV.

ReputationRep:
    why pay shitloads of money to see a car go speeding past every now and then when you can see the entire race on TV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    why pay shitloads of money to see a car go speeding past every now and then when you can see the entire race on TV?
    It is good to go though- everyone who's really into F1 should go atleast once, just to experience it. The TV doesn't really portray just how loud those cars are very well. I'd go every year if it wasn't for the price. But you are right though- you hardly see any of the race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    It is good to go though- everyone who's really into F1 should go atleast once, just to experience it. The TV doesn't really portray just how loud those cars are very well. I'd go every year if it wasn't for the price. But you are right though- you hardly see any of the race.
    suppose i shouldn't comment if i haven't been, I wouldn't mind going if I could afford it actualy, i reckon it would be a laugh

ReputationRep:
    I think we are going to go to Monza, because I can get travel, and accomodation and race entry for the same price, and we love Italy.
    I do know what you are saying about not being able to see most of it, and you can watch it on tv, it's the atosphere we want really.
    We go to rockingham a lot because you can see the whole track, and do get to see the whole race.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.