The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I know someone who has gone today, you will have an English and maths test then your interview.
Reply 2
Hiya! :redface:

I'm applying for a degree place in ODP 2013 entry at Edge Hill and UCLAN. I am just wondering how competitive these courses actually are?
I am predicted ABB in Bio, Chem and English Lit and have two further AS's (physics and Science in Society)
What are my realistic chances of getting in? I've had work experience in a caring profession (Personal assistant to disabled child), exp at hospital etc.
My heart is really set on this and my personal statement conveys my passion and enthusiasm for the career

Thank you!x
Reply 3
Anyone??
Reply 4
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me...
I'm currently in my A2 year and taking English Lit, Biology, Chemistry and SIS. I'm predicted ABBa(d)
I have work exp in a caring role (employed as personal carer to disabled child), work exp in a clinical environment

What are my chances of getting into UCLAN or Edge Hill for BSc? I really really want this it means everything to me.
Do they look at grades or statement more?

Any help appreciated x
Reply 5
/?
Reply 6
Hi Imon,
I'm currently in my final year of A levels too and have also applied to edge hill and UCLAN for sept 2013 entry :-)
From what I've been told, your predicted grades and personal statement are very important, but the interview is the main decision maker! The work experience you mentioned will support your application and show you're caring which is what they're looking for. Just try and show in your personal statement how passionate you are!
Best of luck!! :-) X

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
Thanks for getting back to me Bailey :smile:
I spoke to the tutors personally at UCLAN and Edge Hill they were really helpful. I was sat with the lady at Edge Hill for 15 minutes chatting about the degree and she said if I came across that well again in the interview she'd happily have me! Edge Hill is my first choice, it is such a beautiful campus and the facilities are superb. I really am so passionate about it, it's such an unknown profession that doesn't get the credit it deserves!
Best of luck to you too, you never know we might be in the same class next year :P x
Reply 8
No problem. Sounds great! Glad someone helped you out!
Yeah I totally agree, none of the teachers at my sixth form had even heard of ODP's!
Ah you're right, you never know! :tongue: I've applied to those two, Northumbria, Teesside and Huddersfield (got my interview there in december, so scared already, haha!)
Best of luck :-) x

Reply 9
Have you heard back from Edge Hill or UCLAN yet? x
Reply 10
Found out this morning I have an interview at Edge Hill but haven't been told the date yet. Have you? X

Reply 11
Not heard yet, my application only went off yesterday! Hopefully should hear soon, edge hill is my 1st choice! x
Reply 12
Did you get an email through from UCAS ?
Reply 13
I sent mine off in early October :-) yes I got an email saying track had been updated so i logged on and it said I have an invitation to interview on 3rd Decemer x

Reply 14
Oooh well done! I'm very nervous... just cannot stop checking track :/ x
Reply 15
I was exactly the same, everyday I logged on before and after sixth form... Just in case! Haha. But don't worry they'll email you if something changes :-)
Have you applied to anywhere else? X

Reply 16
I've applied to Edge Hill and UCLAN for ODP and LJMU, Man met and liverpool for Biomedical sciences.
I completely tailored my statement to ODP to make sure it was shown I was enthusiastic, so I didn't expect anything but rejections for BioMed but I've got an offer after one day for LJMU! It's nice as a back up :smile:
I really really do want this offer from Edge Hill though! What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? x
Reply 17
That's great news! Well done! My predicted grades are AAB and I'm doing psychology, RE, and history :-)
I'm so scared for my interview at edge hill, I have no idea what to expect or how to prepare! X

Reply 18
Original post by bailey6
That's great news! Well done! My predicted grades are AAB and I'm doing psychology, RE, and history :-)
I'm so scared for my interview at edge hill, I have no idea what to expect or how to prepare! X

Original post by lmon
I've applied to Edge Hill and UCLAN for ODP and LJMU, Man met and liverpool for Biomedical sciences.
I completely tailored my statement to ODP to make sure it was shown I was enthusiastic, so I didn't expect anything but rejections for BioMed but I've got an offer after one day for LJMU! It's nice as a back up :smile:
I really really do want this offer from Edge Hill though! What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? x

Hi everyone, I am going to apply for ODP in this cycle although I have left it really late to make this decision, need to hurriedly organise work experience (but I do currently work in a hospital so it may be ok?) write my ucas application, get my references, anyone got any tips for me?

:smile:

I am looking to apply to-
Northumbria
Sheffield Hallam
BCU
Teeside
and some where else...
Reply 19
Original post by bailey6

WooHoo! I've got an interview for Edge Hill on the 3rd of Decemeber!

Latest