how to calculate degree classification/grade?

Watch
cute_stupid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
im doing a 3 year BA in marketing at london met and i am on my third year but i was wondering how i can calculate what grade i got in my first and second year e.g 2:1 or 2:2.

does anyone at london met know how to calculate this?
candylipsposer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey me too i would like to know if anyone knows how to calculate....
aoleks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if you have all your grades and their "weight", you could roughly calculate your degree. Second year counts for 20% of your degree while the third year counts for 80%.
haiderkhan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Its all in the academic regulations which are published online.

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/academic-regulations/

However, dont expect them to follow the assessment and regulations procedures that they are supposed to comply with. I had to appeal because this Uni did not follow the procedure and gave everyone on my elective an average fail!
Stuffme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
20-x=x-y^2 Will give you the answer
londonmet2008
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi could anyone can help me , how do you calculate 2nd year 20% of total marks . example i had 4 module total got 280 marks . 20% comes 56 marks.how are you adding this 56 with my 3rd year. for example I got 280 in 3rd year also.
username4111606
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If anyone wants help with calculating their overall grades - send me a private message with: your grades, and their weighting (e.g 15/30 credits) and the year. I will respond to you with the answers. Also - let me know what course you’re on
username4160290
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Vivi2018)
If anyone wants help with calculating their overall grades - send me a private message with: your grades, and their weighting (e.g 15/30 credits) and the year. I will respond to you with the answers. Also - let me know what course you’re on
Hey could you calculate mine please I tried private message but would not let me.
klur
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I tried to send you a private message but unfortunately, it said you chose not to receive private messages?
I done 6 modules last year
2 of them 30 credit
and the rest 15 credit. I'd like to know what grade I got in my second year. help on this matter would be much appreciated?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I wonder the same. I’m a final year business and management student. I calculated my best 90 credits for my second year. (Including two 15 credit modules)

Two 30 credit modules : 60 credits
And two 15 credits module: 30 credits
Total = 90 credits

After calculating my best 90 credits for my second year I got 60% overall.

I’m aiming for a 2:1 but I’m happy with a 2:2. What do I need to achieve for my third year to get and overal 2:1/2:2

2nd year is worth 33.3% 1/3
3rd year is worth 66.6 or 2/3

Thanks
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Anyone?
Klue
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, Do you go to londonmet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.1%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.93%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (30)
25.42%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.54%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
5.93%

Watched Threads