Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, im implementing a meal order system for customers at an hotel. When customers select a meal, the price and meal details (i.e. chips etc) are stored in a variable. When customer clicks on the "Buy" command button, i want the details to be stored in a Report using Microsoft Access! How would i do that? anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner123)
    Right, im implementing a meal order system for customers at an hotel. When customers select a meal, the price and meal details (i.e. chips etc) are stored in a variable. When customer clicks on the "Buy" command button, i want the details to be stored in a Report using Microsoft Access! How would i do that? anyone?
    why use access? vb can do it with the data report designer (pro/enterprise editions only)... its meant to be simple

ReputationRep:
    cause my database is in access!

ReputationRep:
    cause my database is in access!
    so why is this titled Visual Basic ?! do you not mean VBA? in which case i cant help you!

ReputationRep:
    You have to store the info in a table, not a report as reports only output whats stored in tables.

So if you had a table for meals with details and prices stored and another table for orders, when they clicked on buy you could create a new order record storing which meal(s) they had. Then a report could put the order details and meal prices together.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.