Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi there

im camomile im a new member here.
    Its really amazing that there is a forum for IB students. Well i jsut wanna say hi and hope that i will get lots of help or try to help other people..oh sorry my english is crap im not really in an english speaking mood today heehe

by the way this is my first year of an international school my courses are

English B Higher
    Geography H
    Business H
    German A1 S
    Biology S
    math studies S

how about you people?

ReputationRep:
    hi there...

I'm doing:
    Norwegian A1 HL
    English B HL
    History HL
    Economics SL
    Physics SL
    Math Methods SL

welcome to the uk-l I'm in my second year, almost finished with my internal assessment now! Only the physics portofolio, economics portofolio and ToK presentaton left. Mocks starting next week...

ReputationRep:
    Finished my IA!!!! (oh the feeling)

Just gotta catch up on my English texts now...

ReputationRep:
    welcome!! im fairly new too! starting IB really soon!!
    (oh what a feeling - flash dance)

ReputationRep:
    we kicked your ass, yehhhhhhhhhhh
    does you dad have a side parting?
    all my love jason molyneux
    x x x x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vertago)
    welcome!! im fairly new too! starting IB really soon!!
    (oh what a feeling - flash dance)

hi there

hey how u feel in your first year?

well my first feeling at the new school was horrible....had no friends and felt lonely and wanted back to german school. Anyway i would have suffered in german school cos my german is crap...hehebut now its ok it now it is just stressful and everytime test test test oh man

@Linda good luck for your mock exam

i still have a year im grade 11 now

take care ppl

ReputationRep:
    by the way

when are you going to study for the ib exams?
    now im in grade 11 but ib exam is next year in may...but i need to do tons of stuffs like internal assesment then CAS shits...and projects...there is no time to study

should i study in april this year or is it ok to start later on? and how long would you study?

would be glad if someone replies

thx very much

camomile

ReputationRep:
    for the real exams you will study in march by doing revision in your classes. Then you get the entire april off for guess what for studying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camomile)
    hi there

hey how u feel in your first year?

well my first feeling at the new school was horrible....had no friends and felt lonely and wanted back to german school. Anyway i would have suffered in german school cos my german is crap...hehebut now its ok it now it is just stressful and everytime test test test oh man

@Linda good luck for your mock exam

i still have a year im grade 11 now

take care ppl
    well im still pre-IB so im year 11, and my exams will be in year 13, sometime in spring..april or may?? seems to be going well so far, except for getting used to the expectations of the IB, because i am american and the expectations are considerably lower there. and im also at the school where the IB originated so its kinda cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BulMaster)
    for the real exams you will study in march by doing revision in your classes. Then you get the entire april off for guess what for studying
    WHAAAT?! The entire April off for studying?! We don't get that!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm waiting to find out if I've been accepted into IB for Aug 04. I've got my gcses in mid May to mid June, we don't get any time except for the week off as study leave. But the exams are spread over a long period of time and we don't have to go to school during the period of time so I guess things will work themselves out.

So far I've chosen to take:

English HL
    French SL
    Economics HL or Business HL (Haven't decided properly yet)
    Science, Technolgy and Society SL
    Maths Studies SL
    and I'm stuck on my last choice.
    I'm considering Philosophy, History, Pychology or Design Technology. I'm not to keen on any of them except for Pych but that's only offered at SL so I don't think I can do that.

Anyway that's me.

Kate

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm new here too...
    So let me introduce myself
    as the majority of new ppl I was amazed that there is an IB forum here
    I'm in pre-IB class now (11 year) and I'm about to enter IB in Semptember

I going to take:
    English A2 HL
    History HL
    Economics HL
    Polish SL
    Maths Methods
    Biology SL

Once more Hi everybody!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaja)
    Hi, I'm new here too...
    So let me introduce myself
    as the majority of new ppl I was amazed that there is an IB forum here
    I'm in pre-IB class now (11 year) and I'm about to enter IB in Semptember

I going to take:
    English A2 HL
    History HL
    Economics HL
    Polish SL
    Maths Methods
    Biology SL

Once more Hi everybody!!
    Oh cool you're going to take Econs, if I take it we can help each other out hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Take Economics, it's really fun... Before I started to learn it I barely had any idea of it and now I'm looking at the world through the prism of Economics... It looks completely crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaja)
    Take Economics, it's really fun... Before I started to learn it I barely had any idea of it and now I'm looking at the world through the prism of Economics... It looks completely crazy
    Are you already taking Economics in year 11? We're only offered Business Studies at GCSE level, but I want to start something new for IB. I wonder if Econs higher level would be too challenging for a beginner?

ReputationRep:
    It surely won't! The IB Economics (both HL&SL) is designed for those just starting to learn it!
    At my school in year 11 you have to take subjects you want to study in IB. And now, as IB Economics has a closed structure, we're doing a kind of 'preparation to study Economics' - vocabulary, basic theories like Keynes and monetarists etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaja)
    It surely won't! The IB Economics (both HL&SL) is designed for those just starting to learn it!
    At my school in year 11 you have to take subjects you want to study in IB. And now, as IB Economics has a closed structure, we're doing a kind of 'preparation to study Economics' - vocabulary, basic theories like Keynes and monetarists etc.
    Oh ok, thanks. I'm thinking of taking Business HL, becuase I've got an A* for the gcse cw and got an A on the mock, predicted A* for the real thing. And I quite enjoy it but the college I'm switching to advised people not to take both Econs and Business at HL so I'm not sure.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.