Turn on thread page Beta

What are your views on smoking? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I hate to say this but you are one of those ********s who think theyre addicted but actually arent, which I described earlier. Dont try and justify your reasons for smoking, just remember youre weak willed and one day you might be strong enough to stop.
    How do you know she's not addicted?

ReputationRep:
    I statted smoking at 11- not because of peer pressure but mainly just because I was curious and liked it, although I quit a few months ago mainly because it seems pretty stupid and is so expensive, i'll still have one ocassionally if im out though. I never really smoked that much at the most 10 a day and that was usually over exams when i was really stressed and found that after a week of stopping I didnt get all the cravings nemore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I hate to say this but you are one of those ********s who think theyre addicted but actually arent, which I described earlier. Dont try and justify your reasons for smoking, just remember youre weak willed and one day you might be strong enough to stop.
    if you read my posts before the one you replied to with this comment, you'd see that i admit i'm not clinically addicted. i don't wake up in the morning needing a cigarette, i don't smoke evryday. however there are points at which i feel i want a cigarette. i have a reliance upon them but am not addicted to them.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely hate smoking. I did used to smoke when I was 16- 20. I wish that I hadnt, but I was weak willed. I am now anti-smoking. My mum smokes, but now I make har smoke in her room (even thought he smell still wafts into my room). When I was little, a friend of the family was convinced that I smoked, at the age of 8!!! It was my mum smoked around me and the smell got caught in my hair and clothes.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.