The Student Room Group

Working at two supermarkets?

Currently working at CO OP on a 12 hour contract and have an interview tomorrow at Tesco for a 16 hour contract.

When I started off at the CO OP, a month ago, I was told that I would have loads of overtime. Last week we had our hours cut so I'm just doing my basic 12 hours just now and its annoyed a lot of staff and I can't afford to be just doing 12 hours a week.

Do Tesco usually have a lot of overtime going or will this just depend on the store?

Would it be ok for me to work at both? Or is this not allowed?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
O/T depends on store to store

and check your contract.
Reply 2
Could be deemed as a conflict of interests, so it would be worth mentioning to both line managers that you intend to work for the other...
Reply 3
Had my interview for personal shopper today, it went okay. Tesco would be fine with me working both but not sure about Co op yet. Would hopefully do both then if Tesco want to keep me on then just work there!
Reply 4
Original post by scott1990
Currently working at CO OP on a 12 hour contract and have an interview tomorrow at Tesco for a 16 hour contract.

When I started off at the CO OP, a month ago, I was told that I would have loads of overtime. Last week we had our hours cut so I'm just doing my basic 12 hours just now and its annoyed a lot of staff and I can't afford to be just doing 12 hours a week.

Do Tesco usually have a lot of overtime going or will this just depend on the store?

Would it be ok for me to work at both? Or is this not allowed?

I know this was a few years ago, but I am in a similar situation and wondered how things worked out for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending