Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the brilliantly talented and hiliariously funny comedy singer/song-writer, weird al yankovic.

ReputationRep:
    he really isn't as "witty" as people might make out, see the ending song of bremner bird and fortune every week Sunday @ 8 for sum wit. Some of his songs are just not funny, even the best are mediocre. Amish Paradise is good though!

ReputationRep:
    He's quite clever, and some of his songs are quite funny, but not really in a witty way.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, for the most part, parody songs only change the words, but he rewrites the entire song, as in the saga begins

ReputationRep:
    i think he's pretty brilliant, although some sound alot better than the others. Amish paradise, bimbo no.5 and What if god smoked cannibis are all good - does anyone know where we can get more of his music?

ReputationRep:
    in shops! album i have by him is called "poodle hat". there are a couple of others tho.

dont think much of him personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i think he's pretty brilliant, although some sound alot better than the others. Amish paradise, bimbo no.5 and What if god smoked cannibis are all good - does anyone know where we can get more of his music?
    You do know that weird al didn't actually do bimbo nuber 5 or what if god smoked cannibis. I take it you got those off filesharing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    You do know that weird al didn't actually do bimbo nuber 5 or what if god smoked cannibis. I take it you got those off filesharing.
    yeah i wondered - all the voices are by different people....... so why are they all credited to his name then? and which ones did he do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    yeah i wondered - all the voices are by different people....... so why are they all credited to his name then? and which ones did he do...
    go to the official werid al yankovic website and it list all the sings he has done and all the ones that, despite being credited to him, he hasn't had anything to do with.

Some people online think that just because it is a comedy record, it is done by weird al.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    go to the official werid al yankovic website and it list all the sings he has done and all the ones that, despite being credited to him, he hasn't had anything to do with.

Some people online think that just because it is a comedy record, it is done by weird al.
    what's the address? i've tried to search before, but i get some really random results usually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    what's the address? i've tried to search before, but i get some really random results usually...
    www.weirdal.com

ReputationRep:
    I think Weird Al's Angry White Boy Polka is an absolute masterpiece! It is the greatest parody of all time!

His videos of Smells Like Nirvana, Like a Surgeon and Amish Paradise are all pretty good. Nirvana one has some really hilarious bits. Good stuff Al!!

Honestly, if you haven't heard Angry White Boy Polka, you should download it. It's great fun!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.