Where to buy sexy lingerie?

Watch
qkqhp13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by StacFace)
Which one of those to go for would depend on what bras she normally wears. The first one is heavily padded, so if she normally wears those '2 sizes bigger' style bras then that would be the best option as she'll feel more confident in it, though if she doesn't normally wear bras like that then she may feel it's too heavy/uncomfortable. The second one is still padded but more lightly so, meaning it'll be the better option if she normally has little-no padding.
That was helpful! Thanks!
qkqhp13
Rep:
?
(Original post by YB101)
It has a website but it's all in US Dollars. You can convert the cost (it's somewhere on the website) and it has two stores in London.

Don't be afraid to go in though! The original owner of VS created the store because he was too shy to go lingerie shopping for his wife xD
I will have a look into that, thanks! Hahah! Well, if I really like something from the website, I will go to the store to pick it up :P
qkqhp13
Rep:
?
Which one of those to go for would depend on what bras she normally wears. The first one is heavily padded, so if she normally wears those '2 sizes bigger' style bras then that would be the best option as she'll feel more confident in it, though if she doesn't normally wear bras like that then she may feel it's too heavy/uncomfortable. The second one is still padded but more lightly so, meaning it'll be the better option if she normally has little-no padding.
She said before that she likes padded bras... But as you said both of these are padded but the 2nd one slightly less.. Do you think it would still be ok to get the 2nd one as I like it more?
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by qkqhp13)
Hey, guys. I want to get a present for my girlfriend in a form of sexy lingerie. My question is which are the best places online or any shops where I could get sexy bra's / knickers for affordable prices (up to 30 pounds per bra). I am in London if that helps! Thanks!
If you are attempting to curry sexual favour, then I recommend AP (EDIT** Sorry - Agent Provocateur) seeing as you're in London. Will cost you double any of the others, but might be worth the investment.

Otherwise, I'd go by age/profile. If she's your average late-teen, early 20s student type and of generally slim build, you can go for quantity and branding and go to Gilly Hicks.

If you want to go with actual lingerie manufacturers (perish the thought), spend some time doing "research" (looking at women in underwear) and try figleaves. Figleaves have generally good CS and returns policy. As with anything online, you have to be quite confident with sizing.

If you are going to buy hosiery (bad idea, but you might do it anyway) buy from mytights or stockingshq.

I wouldn't buy her a bra (because she's not my girlfriend), but I don't think you should, either. Most women wear the wrong size bra themselves, and have been guessing since the age of 15.
jollyjog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, guys. I want to get a present for my girlfriend in a form of sexy lingerie. My question is which are the best places online or any shops where I could get sexy bra's / knickers for affordable prices (up to 30 pounds per bra). I am in London if that helps! Thanks!
Underworld, Coronation Street, Manchester, opposite Fiz's/Tyrone's/Maria's house.
__Student__
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tesco. ' Every Little Helps'
StacFace
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She said before that she likes padded bras... But as you said both of these are padded but the 2nd one slightly less.. Do you think it would still be ok to get the 2nd one as I like it more?
If she just said 'padded' (not very, heavily etc) then yeah I'd go for the second one.
Goody2Shoes-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You can get pretty nice lingerie from places like New Look, which may be slightly more affordable than Boux Avenue or Ann Summers... but tbh, Primark can do some really sexy designs, but I wouldn't know about the quality. Check the Kelly Brook range at Tesco? They're really nice, and not eye wateringly expensive either!
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Who's this present really for, lol.
Also, do you know what size she is? :confused:
qkqhp13
Rep:
?
If she just said 'padded' (not very, heavily etc) then yeah I'd go for the second one.
Thanks!

(Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
You can get pretty nice lingerie from places like New Look, which may be slightly more affordable than Boux Avenue or Ann Summers... but tbh, Primark can do some really sexy designs, but I wouldn't know about the quality. Check the Kelly Brook range at Tesco? They're really nice, and not eye wateringly expensive either!
Hey, I wouldn't trust primark when it comes to quality.. I mean occasionally you can find something nice there but I wouldn't buy a present from there, tbh

(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Who's this present really for, lol.
Also, do you know what size she is? :confused:
My girlfriend and yeah, I know the size.
xcherryx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ann Summers and La Senza are really good for sexy underwear
moonkeykey
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone tried this?
http://www.dinodirect.com/~p.f9b/se-...rency-AUD.html

:confused:
Cécile
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am French, so I will advise you a french webstore that I know well : La Redoute. They have a large choice, not so expansive items, an english version and they deliver everywhere (even in the UK !!)
butter_god
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
... La senza do some really good ones. Student discount.

Can't help but feel like someone just looked into my bra collection.
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
La Senza - avoid. The bras and underwear are such crap quality, and badly sized. I'd also avoid buying '2 cup sizes bigger' bras, I'd be offended if my bf bought me something like that :confused:
mxcs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Victoria's Secre:, bras are gorgeous, great quality & fit comfortably. Tons of variety and colourways without costing a fortune, hard to go wrong really.

La Senza and Boux Avenue's quality are just laughable most of the time in my experience - cheap scratchy fabric, tacky-looking details, etc. My boobs only get the best
Miss Jean Brodie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Gosh, avoid La Senza, I get a migraine just from looking into their L1 shop. No underwear needs to be that violently pink/green/yellow, or contain that much polyester.
peter12345
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No comment on the quality but Knickershack is cheap as ****. I'm talking £6 for a whole basque set.
FubbyTucker
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sh!
http://www.sh-womenstore.com/newsdes...Store+Info.htm

Go there with her and let her pick. It's a shop that only lets men in if they are with a woman, so it's not seedy at all. Very friendly staff and they stock a huge range of things, from lingerie to toys.
Clioashlee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would highly recommend either la senza or boux avenue, like many others have the products are lovely, they have a range to suit most budgets, the customer service is (usually) great and they both do gift boxing!

Make sure you double check which size to get, even if it means having a sneaky look at her underwear when she's out XD. And don't forget a gift receipt (just in case)!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.16%
No (365)
47.84%

Watched Threads