The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Farfalla*
No I'm doing a combined course - I did GCSE last year so this year we do both exams together!! The orals are so much work when you've got two together to prepare for.. knackering!

I can imagine! :frown: Must be horrible doing AS and A2 together!
Reply 21
I've got my french mock oral tomorrow, and cos its only mock I'm gonna do no preparation at all and see if I can get away with it. Hopefully I can rely on my bull****ting skills that got me through university interviews to make up reasonable sounding facts and statistics (worked for AS, made up a whole load of crap about the history of Asterix and its writers). If not I've got over 2 weeks to write something till my real one. Anyone else do it this way (to be fair I use to live in France, so the language part shouldnt be too bad, but I did it for spanish GCSE too)?
Reply 22
Popa Dom
I've got my french mock oral tomorrow, and cos its only mock I'm gonna do no preparation at all and see if I can get away with it. Hopefully I can rely on my bull****ting skills that got me through university interviews to make up reasonable sounding facts and statistics (worked for AS, made up a whole load of crap about the history of Asterix and its writers). If not I've got over 2 weeks to write something till my real one. Anyone else do it this way (to be fair I use to live in France, so the language part shouldnt be too bad, but I did it for spanish GCSE too)?

Ditto
Ive got my mock on wednesday and ive got facts prepared etc but i wana see how well i can do, "thinking off the top of my head" which my teacher says is vital towards the A2 exam. Ill prepare the beginnin bits but as the A2 exam is supposed to be a converstion, im gonna try and see if i can actually have a proper conversation lol..
Reply 23
had my german oral today - ooooohhh!
the texct i had to talk on was on big brother.i mean come on, what can i possibly say, lol!
oh well,the other boy in my class doesnt even have a tv. poor him!
Reply 24
Mines tomorrow. Panicking now. Its oh sooo hard!

Cant remember most of my presentation despite having been learning it for weeks :frown: Also, i have no idea what hes going to ask me in the question section after! What else can i say about the new wave lol?!

Argh... and just to put the cherry on the cake, the examiner's Welsh, so ive got no chance.

J'ai peur :frown:
Reply 25
I've got my GCSE french oral tomorrow morning. I am so, so worried!!!

NM
Suzi_law
Mines tomorrow. Panicking now. Its oh sooo hard!

Cant remember most of my presentation despite having been learning it for weeks :frown: Also, i have no idea what hes going to ask me in the question section after! What else can i say about the new wave lol?!

Argh... and just to put the cherry on the cake, the examiner's Welsh, so ive got no chance.

J'ai peur :frown:

Bonne chance! I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 27
Edexcel AS German oral tomorrow... 10 minutes of prelearnt stuff a go-go then:biggrin:
natalie-marie
I've got my GCSE french oral tomorrow morning. I am so, so worried!!!

NM

Bonne chance (hehe, I don't even do french but I've just copied what Kelly wrote above :p: ) What board do you do? You'll be fine! :smile:
aww hunni ull b fine dont worry so much. haha i ended up cryin and walkin out n stil got an A*! Theres hope GCSE is ok... hoenstly.. just make sure you learn the harder topics really well and are tested on roleplays.. ive been helping my year 11 friends this week. I walked into the library and my friend Natalie mbushed me lmaoo hugging me ecstatically saying shed got an A wiv my help too :smile:
Reply 30
Hmm I had my AS French oral in April 27th. I was ABSOLOUTELY TERRIFIED. I think it went ok-ish. Not wonderful or even particularly good. But I didn't have any huge dramas. So... phew.

Next up... Spanish AS oral on Thursday coming. I wasn't scared, but now I've realised my presentation just isn't going in I'm starting to get a little bit worried... Argh.
Reply 31
I have A2 German on Tuesday. *fouls self* :frown:
argh, argh, argh, argh, argh.....i have mine tomorrow and i dont know it and arrrrrrrrrrrrrgghh!! damn you CPE!! i can do anorexia but omg arrrgh it wont go in my head :P lol...oh n as 4 tlking about myself........blagging i thinks.
Reply 33
French oral tomorrow at half 9! I think she'll be asking me about balancing the rights of the individual against the needs of the state and multiculturalism, neither of which I really know anything about, though in an extraordinary bit of luck I went to a lecture last night by Tariq Ramadan all about multiculturalism, where he kept going on about France!! Will probably go translate my debate speech from a competition into french later for my presentation too, as my blagging of a presentation in the mock didnt work too well (went on for too long, divulged too much info etc).
Good luck! Mine was Tuesday, think it went ok. I was so determined to use the subjunctive that I launched into a sentence with 'quoique (even though)' and then realised that I didn't actually have a point. Ended up saying 'even though the death penalty is a punishment', which probably qualifies as stating the obvious.
Reply 35
i have my AS resit tomorrow as last year my examinor asked me yr 13 questions when i was only a year 12!!! Not looking forward to it, as i dont have the best track record with oral exams!!
Reply 36
I have my intermediate 2 french speaking in febuary for my final grade
Speaking is my worst out of reading,listening and writing.Luckly we have a french helper to help us out and our teacher is going to speak our talk onto a tape. Hopefully will help.
Reply 37
Where was this thread yesterday when I was bricking myself about German?! I had my AQA AS resit today...not too bad. I got a C first time round when I thought I'd done ok, and reckoned I'd got a B. This time round I think it seemed less rehearsed and more like a conversation, so hopefully I've now got a B on that. Got 241/300 at AS currently, so want a bit more of a cushion into that A! Cos I just know I'm going to screw that A2 oral up bigtime...:redface:
crankycaz
Cos I just know I'm going to screw that A2 oral up bigtime...:redface:

I'm scared about that too :frown:
Reply 39
Indeed. But it's really annoying because I did my first A2 listening and reading practice paper last week and got a really good A. So I feel I deserve that A because I can do German, I just get nervous!

Latest