Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
French
Geography
Latin
Art

But I wanna drop Art, because I have not caught up on work and its getting too much, and as a result I think revision for other subjects may suffer. My dilemma is, is it better to have 10 mediocre GCSE'S, or 9 Good GCSE'S?

(I do not wish to carry on with Art for A-Level, infact none of my A-Level choices bear relevance to 'Art')

Please help...
v3n0m
ok... I have a dilemma..

I take 10 GCSE's at the moment:

English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
French
Geography
Latin
Art

But I wanna drop Art, because I have not caught up on work and its getting too much, and as a result I think revision for other subjects may suffer. My dilemma is, is it better to have 10 mediocre GCSE'S, or 9 Good GCSE'S?

(I do not wish to carry on with Art for A-Level, infact none of my A-Level choices bear relevance to 'Art')

Please help...

Drop it, arts pretty useless anyway.
Reply 2
v3n0m
ok... I have a dilemma..

English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
French
Geography
Latin
Art

Please help...

drop it trust me most employers and colleges look at the grades not the amount. in fact really all u need is maths science and english a - c to get in college. doing art will just waste ure time if ure not interested
Reply 3
v3n0m
ok... I have a dilemma..

English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
French
Geography
Latin
Art

Please help...

9 good ones, employers dont look at gcse's and neither will universities really. Much better to get 9 good ones than 10 okish ones.

i got 9 gcse's and then 3 alevels and 1 as and im at exeter uni now.
Reply 4
I got really behind on my art and geography coursework, and ended up screwing up both of them as I tried to recover on both, so dropping art would probably be a good idea.
Reply 5
thanks alot people!!
LOL, since when has GCSE Art involved so much work that it will bring 9 of your GCSEs down by like two grades?
happysunshine
LOL, since when has GCSE Art involved so much work that it will bring 9 of your GCSEs down by like two grades?

Art involves A LOT of work. All the art people at my school seemed to have to organise their life around their next art assignment it was that bad.
Joey_Johns
Art involves A LOT of work. All the art people at my school seemed to have to organise their life around their next art assignment it was that bad.

GCSE? A-Level may be but GCSE! All they have to do is collect bits and draw a picture a week at home and then the rest they do in lessons.
Reply 9
i can sympathise - i do gcse art, and i have done next to no work, so have to rush rush rush to finish it all now. But I also have heaps of systems + control to do, and thats more important and so tends to be "prioritized" above art work.

My teacher is an evil man as well though. He's about 350, but refused to retire because i think he enjoys raping young souls (not literally :smile:)
Reply 10
geography coursework is evil, 80 pages of 'blah, blah, blah'. Art's good! yay hurrah for art, one of the guys at school is doing 12, including art, he's doing fine. If you're in year 11 it would be silly to give it up now, give yourself a chance...
happysunshine
GCSE? A-Level may be but GCSE! All they have to do is collect bits and draw a picture a week at home and then the rest they do in lessons.

Well yes it was A level. But I wouldnt have done a picture a week. thats way too much. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Dickie
i can sympathise - i do gcse art, and i have done next to no work, so have to rush rush rush to finish it all now. But I also have heaps of systems + control to do, and thats more important and so tends to be "prioritized" above art work.

My teacher is an evil man as well though. He's about 350, but refused to retire because i think he enjoys raping young souls (not literally :smile:)

Dickie I thought you were 19! My art exam is in two weeks!!!!! I haven't done any work for it, and my teacher's like 'don't let yourself down now, you worked so hard' etc etc. But only because I've being doing maths - but I'll do it.

People say GCSE's are easy but they're actually pretty stressful when you're doing them, lots of people have breakdowns...
Joey_Johns
Well yes it was A level. But I wouldnt have done a picture a week. thats way too much. :biggrin:

You sound like you do hardly any work!
happysunshine
You sound like you do hardly any work!

Damn straight. I do work when I have to. Its the way forward.
Reply 15
GCSE Art involves more work then anything else, in my opinion. It's a fucking annoying subject, if I could go back in time, I would.........I'd give anything to not pick GCSE Art... yes, ITS THAT BAD!!

I fucking hate it.
As for the comment.. give yourself a chance.
Well I have a French Oral GCSE in 1 week.
And I need to have this art done in 2. Apparently, the work done in my book is so insufficient, that I probably won't be allowed to take the exam anyway. So...I HEREBY STATE........

ART IS THE WORST SUBJECT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 16
v3n0m
GCSE Art involves more work then anything else, in my opinion. It's a fucking annoying subject, if I could go back in time, I would.........I'd give anything to not pick GCSE Art... yes, ITS THAT BAD!!

I fucking hate it.
As for the comment.. give yourself a chance.
Well I have a French Oral GCSE in 1 week.
And I need to have this art done in 2. Apparently, the work done in my book is so insufficient, that I probably won't be allowed to take the exam anyway. So...I HEREBY STATE........

ART IS THE WORST SUBJECT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art's great but takes time to do. How much work have you done for the exam, I've done a spider diagram, moodboard and 2 drawings!!!!! I have to do 2 drawings a day till the exam... If you really want to get 10 good GCSE's you can, just be determined and aim to do a certain amount of work each night, and avoid coming on here, as it's a distraction from doing coursework...
Reply 17
I dropped GCSE Art at the start of the course- no regrets. I can ink/paint when I please; there's no pressure to be creative, so I can really enjoy the subject. I'm coping well without it. :smile:
Reply 18
me!
Dickie I thought you were 19! My art exam is in two weeks!!!!! I haven't done any work for it, and my teacher's like 'don't let yourself down now, you worked so hard' etc etc. But only because I've being doing maths - but I'll do it.

People say GCSE's are easy but they're actually pretty stressful when you're doing them, lots of people have breakdowns...

where did you get that idea from? Im 16 - it says so in my profile as well!

most GCSEs are easy (eg for history, i thought i'd completely messed up a coursework - id done it at 11pm-2am on sunday before i handed it in), and ended up 3 marks of a*. Art is easy, but the volume of work is tremendous. Esp if you have my art teacher, who is a moderator and a bastard. If he doesnt like you, you wont do well.
Reply 19
I did two nice drawings just now - hurrah my plan to do 2 a day is working, hahaha evil head of art you can't give me a dentention, mwahahahaha, maths on the other hand.

I always leave work to the last minute, that's why my geography is muffed up cos it's so long.

Dickie I have no idea why - maybe you just write older than your years, or I am just a tiny bit demented :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending