expresschoco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've been applying for apprenticeships since June/July and its know December and i still can't get an apprenticeship. the learning provider fast tracks my application because its successful they ask for my date of birth and CV and i still can't get an interview. i've contacted the learning provider but no valid reason in why my application was unsuccessful. is it because i'm 21 and apprenticeship are ONLY for 16-18?
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by expresschoco)
I've been applying for apprenticeships since June/July and its know December and i still can't get an apprenticeship. the learning provider fast tracks my application because its successful they ask for my date of birth and CV and i still can't get an interview. i've contacted the learning provider but no valid reason in why my application was unsuccessful. is it because i'm 21 and apprenticeship are ONLY for 16-18?
Hey there,

Sorry to hear that - what is the learning provider? I'm not familiar with that term.

Have you been applying to companies directly too?

Jack
JohnLAMan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been applying for apprenticeships since June/July and its know December and i still can't get an apprenticeship. the learning provider fast tracks my application because its successful they ask for my date of birth and CV and i still can't get an interview. I've contacted the learning provider but no valid reason in why my application was unsuccessful. is it because i'm 21 and apprenticeship are ONLY for 16-18?
I believe it is because of your age. They generally only get funding between the ages of 16-19 for Apprenticeships. I was quite lucky, as I was only 18, not far from 19, when I got my Apprenticeship. It's such a shame that they aren't available to everyone.

I believe everyone has the right to learn new skills and trades. Especially in this climate.
expresschoco
Rep:
?
(Original post by Captain Jack)
Hey there,

Sorry to hear that - what is the learning provider? I'm not familiar with that term.

Have you been applying to companies directly too?

Jack

A college which provides training. I've just been applying for apprenticeship on the apprenticeship website and the only one I've got is health and social care because you have to be over 18.

Not at the moment but hopefully this week I'll be e-mailing the companies that interior design as an apprenticeship for work experience
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A college which provides training. I've just been applying for apprenticeship on the apprenticeship website and the only one I've got is health and social care because you have to be over 18.

Not at the moment but hopefully this week I'll be e-mailing the companies that interior design as an apprenticeship for work experience
Good plan. I'm not going to lie, it's a tough market out there with lots of people looking for jobs. I really recommend applying to as many companies as you can, small and big. It takes a lot of work to get an apprenticeship or job but it's worth it in the end.
expresschoco
Rep:
?
thanks for the feedback
mjpd2019
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I don't know if Engineering Apprenticeships interest you at all, but Network Rail don't have an upper age limit on their scheme. www.facebook.com/ontrack
expresschoco
Rep:
?
(Original post by mjp73)
Hi

I don't know if Engineering Apprenticeships interest you at all, but Network Rail don't have an upper age limit on their scheme. www.facebook.com/ontrack
thank you i don't really mind what is really I'll take a look and apply
Amar Hussain 93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hear this mate, but what I know is that citytraining only take on apprentices who are aged between 16 to 18, and anyone above that will have to be working along with an employer in order to cover the costs. This is due to the government reducing payments to education providers for students aged over 18. Therefore, some times they may not bother replying (lazy and rude) however, I recommend you join a college which does apprenticeships. They will accept you as long as you meet the entry requirements. I hope you all the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sliders
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, my son is 21 yrs old and is looking for an apprenticeship as a computer technician, he only has up to level 4 in computer technician. Can anyone guide or help in getting his feet through the door in this field as he is finding it hard to find a job with the level 4. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (10)
18.18%
I'm not sure (2)
3.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (16)
29.09%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.64%
I'm not a current university student (25)
45.45%

Watched Threads