The Student Room Group

Graduate entry Dentistry - UCLan 2013!!

Hey guys!

I'm Jafooly, long time lurker, first time poster, thought I'd make this thread specifically for UCLAN applicants since there are so many of us! (~170 interviews this year! :eek: )

I thought we could use this thread to discuss stats, interviews and the aftermath, though we won't all be successful, those of us who are can use this thread to discuss what's next

I've noticed people seem a little reluctant to discuss their interview beyond the standard "ermahgerd it was so hard! I've been rejected omg omg :frown:", not sure why but I guess we are each others competitors

My interview is tomorrow (4th December), regardless of how it goes I will still give you any tips and tricks I can offer :smile:

I had a few friends last year and a couple this year who are interviewing at UCLan but since no-one knows I'm applying, it's been difficult trying to subtly squeeze out any info :tongue:

HOWEVER, I did ask my friend the other day why she was rejected and from the feedback she received it was because they felt her knowledge of dentistry was lacking, her knowledge of the course itself was lacking (be sure you can locate Blackpool, Accrington, Morecambe Bay and Carlisle on the map, these are the locations of the 4 dental education centres), they felt she could've been a little more creative with the manual dexterity tests, last year they had to make a car and some of the candidates coloured in the car, gave it a little license plate etc. and also the role playing did not go well for her, she had to let her neighbour (they hired an actress to play the neighbour) know that her cat had been run over, I guess the interviewers felt she could've handled it better

Best of luck to all of those who have yet to interview, keep us updated! :smile:

Look forward to meeting any of you who are interviewing tomorrow :thumbsup:
Reply 1
Got mine tomorrow. Sat on the train to Preston now. How do you think it went today?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
what was your degree in? they told me i only just met the requirements from my previous degree
Original post by Jafooly
Hey guys!

I'm Jafooly, long time lurker, first time poster, thought I'd make this thread specifically for UCLAN applicants since there are so many of us! (~170 interviews this year! :eek: )

I thought we could use this thread to discuss stats, interviews and the aftermath, though we won't all be successful, those of us who are can use this thread to discuss what's next

I've noticed people seem a little reluctant to discuss their interview beyond the standard "ermahgerd it was so hard! I've been rejected omg omg :frown:", not sure why but I guess we are each others competitors

My interview is tomorrow (4th December), regardless of how it goes I will still give you any tips and tricks I can offer :smile:

I had a few friends last year and a couple this year who are interviewing at UCLan but since no-one knows I'm applying, it's been difficult trying to subtly squeeze out any info :tongue:

HOWEVER, I did ask my friend the other day why she was rejected and from the feedback she received it was because they felt her knowledge of dentistry was lacking, her knowledge of the course itself was lacking (be sure you can locate Blackpool, Accrington, Morecambe Bay and Carlisle on the map, these are the locations of the 4 dental education centres), they felt she could've been a little more creative with the manual dexterity tests, last year they had to make a car and some of the candidates coloured in the car, gave it a little license plate etc. and also the role playing did not go well for her, she had to let her neighbour (they hired an actress to play the neighbour) know that her cat had been run over, I guess the interviewers felt she could've handled it better

Best of luck to all of those who have yet to interview, keep us updated! :smile:

Look forward to meeting any of you who are interviewing tomorrow :thumbsup:

Hi, I know you posted this a long time ago, but I was hoping you might remember what the entry exam was like? Mine's next week so I'm kind of nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest