The Student Room Group

Girls is 'treat em mean keep them keen' true?

The title is quite self explanatory, but do you think to keep a girls interest you should 'treat her mean'?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's a line. A thin one. It's also dependent on whether you want to have them as a girlfriend or a play thing.

Girlfriend material? Don't piss around. Go for it and ask her out.

Sex friend? Yeah, make her want you.
Of course, because all women really want to do is to stay up at nights crying instead of going to sleep feeling all warm and happy.
No. You should send her to Hospital weekly, of course.
Reply 4
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Of course, because all women really want to do is to stay up at nights crying instead of going to sleep feeling all warm and happy.

its true. girls may feel a 'connection' with a guy if he is really nice to her and showing mutual interest, but after a while, slightly sadistically, i've worked out there has to be something for a girl to 'miss' or there's no recharging of any emotions, the stability becomes boring and predictable, so the girl loses interest. i wish i was more of a dick sometimes lol
(edited 11 years ago)
No, not to the extent that one should go out of their way to be nasty.

However, on the other end of the spectrum, one should not idolise a particular girl either. Pandering to their every wish and being too nervous to show a bit of cheekiness/'charm' (?) is not attractive.
Definitely not. The principle is better described in the opposite: if you're too protective/obsessive/touchy-feely then it will get on [the majority of] girls' nerves. But treating a girl 'mean' is definitely not a way to keep her interested. There's a fine line between being mean and being playful.
Reply 7
Yes, its true, think of it as a cat with string

Dangle a string just out of reach of a cats paws and that cat will give chase doing everything in its power to get that string. Then, when the prize has been won and the cat has the string in its grasp, it will quickly lose interest.

Use the same approach on women
Original post by a_t
Yes, its true, think of it as a cat with string

Dangle a string just out of reach of a cats paws and that cat will give chase doing everything in its power to get that string. Then, when the prize has been won and the cat has the string in its grasp, it will quickly lose interest.

Use the same approach on women

This approach works even better with men. :wink:
It's a very good way of attracting girls - if you're into broken people and enjoy preying on their insecurities, that is. No girl in her right mind and with any self-respect wants to be with a guy who makes her feel like ****, and from the moment a girl sees through your pathetic little game she'll walk away.

That being said, don't go to the other extreme of being clingy and desperate, as most girls will find that quite off-putting as well. My advice would be to treat girls as what they are - human beings :h:
Reply 10
Original post by Rascacielos
This approach works even better with men. :wink:

Lets be honest dear, any approach works with men
Reply 11
No, if someone makes me feel like ****, I will remove myself from their company and go and find someone who is nice to me.
Treat me "mean" and I'll tell you to do one.
Yes, because we women really do like to be punched here and there and love feeling like ****.
Reply 14
There is a difference between lightly offensive banter and being a douchebag.

Girls do NOT like the latter. :rolleyes:

<3 x
Reply 15
It depends how you do it.:colone:
lol women would go all :daydreaming: over this, they love horses, most men would have spent the giro betting on horses but this guy was making sure a horse kept warm in the cold
Hmm.. strangely enough, the females I treated with respect seemed to be even more keen with me and my advances. Coupled with the effects of well-placed nonchalance :smug:
There is truth in the saying. Obviously you don't literally treat her mean, but doing little things can be effective. Randomly ignoring a text for a few hours or something, rather than calling her a fat cow. I only give the "treat 'em mean" advice to people who are too fawning over women, the point is don't act subservient to her, don't treat her like she's better than you, or she'll think it.

Does it also work with men? I'd say so. If a girl is flirty with me one minute, then stops, it does my head in, you want to pull her just to show you can.

When most people talk about how they act or would act in scenarios, they act as if they have no insecurities and are totally rational. This is espeically apparant when you compare what women claim attracts them, and what actually attracts them. It's like how you always imagine yourself winning arguments conclusively before they happen, and it never goes that well. If just being nice and honest to girls really worked, it would be a lot easier than it is.
Original post by a_t
Lets be honest dear, any approach works with men

Except the "I want to wait until I'm ready" approach. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending