Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Having a lot of trouble looking for the right piece. We have one piano player (me - high level, can learn anything), another piano player not so high still ok and/or guitar palyer + a really good vocallist. Well the people to be involved will be me palying piano and my friend playing piano or guitar. For everything else we acan get people to assist us
    Do you know any piece that we can possibly play for our GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonata)
    Having a lot of trouble looking for the right piece. We have one piano player (me - high level, can learn anything), another piano player not so high still ok and/or guitar palyer + a really good vocallist. Well the people to be involved will be me palying piano and my friend playing piano or guitar. For everything else we acan get people to assist us
    Do you know any piece that we can possibly play for our GCSE?
    Kinky boots
    Satan rejected my soul

ReputationRep:
    What I did for my group performance was to get a basic guitar vocal song composed by some other people and I had the chord which I just improvised around. Just basic arpeggios and chords. Got me full marks with no effort.

You could try that, always best to make the most of each of your strengths by writing your own piece. You do composition so it could count towards that too!

ReputationRep:
    We did Bridge over Troubled Water for our group GCSE performance. I even arranged it myself so it would fit our instruments. Those were the days! I recommend the song highly, it has a great piano part, a great vocal part and can be easily adapted to fit guitar.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)
    What I did for my group performance was to get a basic guitar vocal song composed by some other people and I had the chord which I just improvised around. Just basic arpeggios and chords. Got me full marks with no effort.

You could try that, always best to make the most of each of your strengths by writing your own piece. You do composition so it could count towards that too!
    Don't have to be a composition. But thatnks anyway.

Yeh one more thing if you kinda have the scores of songs you are suggesyinf i will be grateful if you can send it to me, or at least if you know say the name of the composer or singer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonata)
    Don't have to be a composition. But thatnks anyway.

Yeh one more thing if you kinda have the scores of songs you are suggesyinf i will be grateful if you can send it to me, or at least if you know say the name of the composer or singer
    Evanescence songs would be good - you can get books with guitar tabs and piano music combined, or Coldplay. Depends on your singer's range really, but you can get those music books at a fairly discount price from the internet - try www.musicroom.co.uk or Boosey & Hawkes I'm sorry I can't help more - I'm doing a classical group performance for my GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Any more suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    hm

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.